what charges can I actually claim?

babblerx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people,

I've jumped through the first hoop and managed to get my last 6 years bank statement.

However, before I start wading through pages and pages of transactions, can anyone tell me what charges I might be entitled to claim back? Am I only entitled to claim back charges for unauthorised overdrafts or can you claim the monthly fee charged by Barclays for running an authorised overdraft?

In my case, I have played by Barclays rules and have always maintained an authorised overdraft. Currently, this costs me over £19/month to run (approx. £14 account fee + approx. £5 overdraft protection).

Am I entitled to claim any of this back? I am already in the process of setting up a parachute account with Alliance and Leicester which should save me the overdraft admin fees at least.

Thanks for your help guys.

Rich

I'm afraid you can't claim these charges. They are actually account fees. Overdraft protection is effectively PPI so unless mis-sold then you can't reclaim either.

Charges for bounced cheques, paid referrals, paid / unpaid dd's, charges for any payments made where there were insufficient funds and any charges applied for exceeding your authorised OD are the "penalty charges".

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I'm a little confused - I have an overdraft when used back in 2001/2002 I was being charged £5.00 quoted as "Personal overdraft fee" and interest. If I went over the agreed over draft I was charged £20 quoted as "unauthorised overdraft fee" and overdraft interest (which was approx £8 per month)

What can I claim back? only the £20 fee or can I claim the excessive interest as well and even the £5 fee?

Shame it's only goes back 6 years.

It is the £20.

When you request the charges back you will ask for just the amount of the charges [e.g 30 x £20]

When you are 'forced' to take court action, you add on 8% for the interest.

You CAN claim back 12yrs or further now.

Step-By-Step Instructions

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.