Roses v Abbey

the3roses

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am after some advice, after sending all letters to Abbey to reclaim £2707.00 of bank charges we finally filed a claim with MCOL. Abbey have acknowledged and we have just received a letter from them asking for details of:

All charges we claim have been added to our account and how we worked the intrest out.

Our account number!!!!!!

Telephone number and e-mail address.

They are also saying this information should have been filed with our claim.

Not sure what to do, should I ignore this or reply. They also state they need this information to work out their defense and that they are intending to defend.

Any advise would be great.

Hi, you need to send them the schedule of charges (with a/c no on it) which matches the figures in your MCOL claim - otherwise you're giving them an excuse. It's up to you whether you provide phone/e-mail. Put your claim no in the covering letter. Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

Guest louis wu

Its not unusual for Abbey to send this letter out, it seems to be another standard letter.

For the sake of showing the court you are being fair, I would send the info they want, but agree with Nick about supplying phone/email options (they should have your phone no anyway)

As to them defending, don't worry, they usually do, doesn't mean they will step foot inside the courtroom though.;)

Nearly there now, well done and best wishes:)

Louis