Wasike vs The Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Halifax has offered me £507 Good will payment out of a potential £964, they say that neither they or the court will consider anything charged more than 6 years ago, is this true? Their first charge as December 96 of £25. Can someone please advise me, I am unemployed and even £507 is a lot of money to me.:confused:

Hi wasike.

Anything over six years is barred by the statute of limitations.

It IS possible to claim over six years, but the bank will certainly defend it. You would have to be prepared to stand up in court and convince the Judge that the bank broke the law and then actively concealed the fact from you.

The case would almost certainly be allocated to the fast-track and if you lost the case, then you would be liable for the bank's costs including any solicitors or barristers.

Not a task to be undertaken lightly.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....