SAR sent. Goodwill offer received. Should i accept?

grimsa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've been following this forum for a couple of months and encouraged by everyone's positive attitude on this forum, i've recently started sending off my SAR's.

MBNA have responded with a goodwill offer letter and enclosed a cheque. No surprise - It is less than the total value of charges i would be claiming.

Should i bank this cheque and send a letter thanking for part payment or should i simply return the cheque to them and request full payment?

Any advise much appreciated.

Grimsa

Hi Grimsa.

Personally I would refuse and continue with my action.

Click on the link for suitable letters.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

There are a number of options. Just select the one that best suits your need.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Good for you.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

MBNA also made me a "goodwill offer" at the SAR stage - I rejected this and made a formal request for all charges to be refunded...no reply, LBA going off today as it has been well over 14 days since my request for repayment of charges.

Good luck !

Hi

MBNA sent my £10 back and credited my account with £300 as a gogw. I wrote back stating that I only accepted this as a part payment and intended to pursue for the total amount through the court if need be.

They have until the end of the week when their time is up and I will be issuing my claim MCOL.

GOOD LUCK:)

Hi Grimsa

I also had £390 credited as a 'goodwill full settlement' as an initial response to my SAR and not surprisingly, took the same action as Moneydragon and Citybloke.

That was a month ago with no further resonse. I spoke to Chester towers earlier this week and it appears that they take the 40 day limit from receipt of the re-request rather than the original request (2 months ago) .... more delaying tactics.