Court Date Received for 1st June

Ella539
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have been claiming Abbey bank charges on behalf of my Mum since Aug 06. We have just taken the Allocation Questionairre and fee into Court and wondered what happens from here and what are the chances of my Mum actually having to go to Court? (think she getting quite worried at the prospect).

Thought we were near to the end, but now I'm not so sure!

Thanks.

Hi Ella,

Now that the AQ is in, you will be informed soon of a court date, once you have that you can expect Abbey to settle prior to this.

If you want it let me know and I can give you the Abbey Legal Dept phone number.

It is very unlikely that you will be the one that goes to court so don't panic and wait for the hearing date.

Regards

BB

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek clarification.

If you found it helpful or useful please click the scales on the left.

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek clarification.

[

Thank you so much for your advice, I will pass it onto my Mum, hopefully it will put her mind at rest!

Abbeys legal dept number would be good to know, Thanks Again.

Hi Ella,

Here it is, but I would suggest that you don't call them till you hav got a court date and then only if you haven't heard from them about a week before the date.

Abbey Legal dept on 020 7756 4332.

All the Best

BB

[

Morning Ella,

Best course with this would be to phone the court and ask them to check the paperwork, If section G has been mised post back here and we will see what can be done. Not sure what the answer will be yet so see what the court has to say.

Regards

BB

If you found it helpful or useful please click the scales on the left

[

Hi Ella

Tough one, it does depend on how busy the courts are at any given time, phone the court and ask the question.

They will give you a rough indication.

Regards

BB

[

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have rec'd my court date and wondered whether I should just contact Abbey Legal Dept to see if they will settle out of court, don't fancy waiting until June to end this nightmare.

Would be greatful of any advice.

Hi Ella, from what I have been reading Abbey tend to settle just before going to court or on the day of the hearing. You can try contacting them but most of the threads are showing late settlement. Good luck.

ps. Think of the extra interest that you will be getting as well.

Karish

Hi Ella,

Have you completed your court bundles, as this will need to be done. Has the court given you any directions, like dates for bundle to be in by, and have they given Abbey a deadline!

There is quite a lot of work with your bundle, photocopying x 3 everything and lots of printing. It is best to get it out of the way as soon as possible.

If you need any help just shout!

DS

Hi Ella,

You're on the last lap now, but as DS said you'll need to comply with the directions that the judge has given you, which will be on the notice of allocation. This thread should help - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

Anything your still not sure of, just post back again and someone will help you.

Stick with it - you're very nearly there!:)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.