• Tweets

• The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • Here are 7 of our top tips to help you connect with young people who have left school or otherwise disengaged.View the full article
    • My defence was standard no paperwork:   1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 2. Paragraph 1 is noted. The Defendant has had a contractual relationship with MBNA Limited in the past. The Defendant does not recognise the reference number provided by the claimant within its particulars and has sought verification from the claimant who is yet to comply with requests for further information. 3. Paragraph 2 is denied. The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received. The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued by MBNA Limited and received by the Defendant. 4. Paragraph 3 is denied. The Defendant is unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served from either the Claimant or MBNA Limited. 5. On the 02/01/2023 the Defendant requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CCA 1974 Section 78 request. The claimant is yet to respond to this request. On the 19/05/2023 a CPR 31.14 request was sent to Kearns who is yet to respond. To date, 02/06/2023, no documentation has been received. The claimant remains in default of my section 78 request. 6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/ agreement/ balance/ breach or termination requested by CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA1974 (c) show how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; 7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed. 8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974. 9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
    • Monika the first four pages of the Private parking section have at least 12 of our members who have also been caught out on this scam site. That's around one quarter of all our current complaints. Usually we might expect two current complaints for the same park within 4 pages.  So you are in good company and have done well in appealing to McDonalds in an effort to resolve the matter without having  paid such a bunch of rogues. Most people blindly pay up. Met . Starbucks and McDonalds  are well aware of the situation and seem unwilling to make it easier for motorists to avoid getting caught. For instance, instead of photographing you, if they were honest and wanted you  to continue using their services again, they would have said "Excuse me but if you are going to go to Mc donalds from here, it will cost you £100." But no they kett quiet and are now pursuing you for probably a lot more than £100 now. They also know thst  they cannot charge anything over the amount stated on the car park signs. Their claims for £160 or £170 are unlawful yet so many pay that to avoid going to Court. When the truth is that Met are unlikely to take them to Court since they know they will lose. The PCNs are issued on airport land which is covered by Byelaws so only the driver can be pursued, not the keeper. But they keep writing to you as they do not know who was driving unless you gave it away when you appealed. Even if they know you were driving they should still lose in Court for several reasons. The reason we ask you to fill out our questionnaire is to help you if MET do decide to take you to Court in the end. Each member who visited the park may well have different experiences while there which can help when filling out a Witness statement [we will help you with that if it comes to it.] if you have thrown away the original PCN  and other paperwork you obviously haven't got a jerbil or a guinea pig as their paper makes great litter boxes for them.🙂 You can send an SAR to them to get all the information Met have on you to date. Though if you have been to several sites already, you may have done that by now. In the meantime, you will be being bombarded by illiterate debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors all threatening you with ever increasing amounts as well as being hung drawn and quartered. Their letters can all be safely ignored. On the odd chance that you may get a Letter of Claim from them just come back to us and we will get you to send a snotty letter back to them so that they know you are not happy, don't care a fig for their threats and will see them off in Court if they finally have the guts to carry on. If you do have the original PCN could you please post it up, carefully removing your name. address and car registration number but including dates and times. If not just click on the SAR to take you to the form to send to Met.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

How much does housing benefit tend to pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know this is a very difficult question as there are all sorts of different things they take into consideration. I've been looking into it on internet as well and it mentions a pre tenancy determination form which after reading about it seems daft as you need to have a tenancy arranged before filling it in which is surely backwards as theres little point in arranging a tenancy if housing benefit wont cover it.

Anyway back on track, as people on here know our current flat is a nightmare (and not just because our ceiling fell down but also because of the prat (polite word) upstairs), it's also way too small for a couple bringing up a child. Been considering private renting and my Mum's offered to help with the deposit but obviously we need to know how much housing benefit is likely to cover.

Our circumstances are at present neither of us work. I've been off work on a long term basis with depression. I don't receive any incapacity benefit as the jobcentre seem to think that their "doctors" (and I use the term loosely) are better qualified to judge my mental health in the space of a ten minute interview than my own GP who sees me at least once a month (but thats another matter). My partner receives Income based JSA at the rate of £90.10 a week and we also receive child tax credit (approx £50 a week) and child benefit (£18.10 a week). My partner is presently seeking work with me planning to look after our baby once she returns to work to get around the incapacity benefit problem.

We're looking for a 2 bedroom house. Rents seem to be around £400+ but we're not sure how high housing benefit is likely to go to. They currently pay our rent of £50.xx a week in full but that only equates to a little over £200 a month so really not sure they will pay almost double were we to move.

Can anyone give me even a rough idea (either if you receive housing benefit or if your a landlord and your tenants get housing benefit) of what they are likely to pay. Least then we can start looking at realistic places and not find somewhere we like only to find that housing benefit wont pay the rent

Thanks in advance and thanks also to anyone who made it this far in what's turned out to be a very long winded post

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

I know this is a very difficult question as there are all sorts of different things they take into consideration. I've been looking into it on internet as well and it mentions a pre tenancy determination form which after reading about it seems daft as you need to have a tenancy arranged before filling it in which is surely backwards as theres little point in arranging a tenancy if housing benefit wont cover it.

Anyway back on track, as people on here know our current flat is a nightmare (and not just because our ceiling fell down but also because of the prat (polite word) upstairs), it's also way too small for a couple bringing up a child. Been considering private renting and my Mum's offered to help with the deposit but obviously we need to know how much housing benefit is likely to cover.

Our circumstances are at present neither of us work. I've been off work on a long term basis with depression. I don't receive any incapacity benefit as the jobcentre seem to think that their "doctors" (and I use the term loosely) are better qualified to judge my mental health in the space of a ten minute interview than my own GP who sees me at least once a month (but thats another matter). My partner receives Income based JSA at the rate of £90.10 a week and we also receive child tax credit (approx £50 a week) and child benefit (£18.10 a week). My partner is presently seeking work with me planning to look after our baby once she returns to work to get around the incapacity benefit problem.

We're looking for a 2 bedroom house. Rents seem to be around £400+ but we're not sure how high housing benefit is likely to go to. They currently pay our rent of £50.xx a week in full but that only equates to a little over £200 a month so really not sure they will pay almost double were we to move.

Can anyone give me even a rough idea (either if you receive housing benefit or if your a landlord and your tenants get housing benefit) of what they are likely to pay. Least then we can start looking at realistic places and not find somewhere we like only to find that housing benefit wont pay the rent

Thanks in advance and thanks also to anyone who made it this far in what's turned out to be a very long winded post

Hi I am in a disabled persons 2 bedroom bungalow and get full £83 a week housing benefit plus full council tax rebate hope this helps dpick:eek:

Thanks for reply. That works out close to the price area we were looking at so least thats an idea

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

Thanks joa, been there but it just seems to take the whole rent into account no matter how high a figure you put and doesn't account for if the rent officer decides the rent is too high

I would say that around £400 per month is a reasonable rent for a family whatever area you live in.

The pre determiantion tenancy rent is just that ,ahousing oficer will visit the premises you wish to rent and assess if the rent you are going to be paying is fair, and if it wil lbe covered by HB. They usually do this in 48 hours after you contact them.

Also you may be eligible for a Community Care Grant ot cover the deposit.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi

I privately rent and when I was working with a salary of £22k per annum I was eligable for approx. £85 per week HB but had to pay full Council Tax.

Since my redunadnacy I get full housing bebefit of £625 per month and also full Council Tax benefit of £89 per month.

den3371:p

Dave; as with prescribed medicines, there never should be any comparisons with others when it comes to HB. There is never "an average" situation; there are so many personalised computations that question like yours can never be answered without proper interview.

Entitledto takes into consideration the rent as you enter it. Once you have the decision of the rent officer, this is the amount you enter. The rent officers tend to be a very peculiar creatures; seem to live couple of decades behind the rest of us. OK, I am being unfair, they only follow the rules. The outcome however is such that very often if you really wanted to rent within the "eligible rent" you'd need to live in a hovel. So, many private tenants end up with "eligible rent" being somewhat lower then the "real rent".

There is an option of applying for a Discretionary Housing Payments, which are discretionary payments paid together with the HB. There is no entitlement to it, but the Local Authority may decide to make these payments if you are suffering from particular financial hardship and you are not in a position to move into cheaper accommodation.

I would say apply for DHP as soon as you have the "eligible rent". There is a space on the application form for your personal statement. You need to try to convince the decision maker that you would suffer significant financial hardship without these payments. Google for Discretionary Housing Payments and angle your statements to best suit the criteria of DHP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

your local council will have a list of rents per no of bedrooms etc and they will use this as a guideline for your area only.

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Hi Davethorp,

As Pugsley mentions,

The local reference rent is fixed at the midpoint of rents in the locality for accommodation of the same type and size, or, if the tenancy is deemed to be too large, for accommodation which meets the size criteria, based on market rents paid by tenants who are not receiving housing benefit.

Basically, they have a set rate for curtain types of homes, if they feel the rent being asked for by the landlord is to high for that type of property, they will only pay the percentage that they feel is correct. For example, 80% and you would have to find the rest. They do not include certain charges that you may have to pay either for example, some service charges. Also the property chosen has to be appropriate for the person/people, for example, a three bedroomed house for a single person would not be seen as meeting the size criteria.

As mentioned by Joa, there are discretionary housing payments that are paid sometimes to help with a shortfall but this is discretionary and cannot always be relied on. Housing benefit levels are set locally and differ depending on local area and authority. A pre-tenancy determination is a good way of seeing if the local authority will meet the rent costs or not. You could also contact your local authority to get a rough figure for the type of housing you are after or pop into the citiziens advice bureau as they should have a rough idea of local housing benefit levels.

Hope this helps.

hi dave,

the last time i heard of my local council paying full rent, it was for approx £95 per week.

i'll check our council website and let you know more if i find anything out.

good luck.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Dave; as with prescribed medicines, there never should be any comparisons with others when it comes to HB. There is never "an average" situation; there are so many personalised computations that question like yours can never be answered without proper interview.

Please, I cannot stress enough how unwise it is to compare your HB payments to anyone. Can you all stop giving Dave "examples"? Because they will only lead to misinformaton!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't worry about misinformation. Up until today I'd pretty much forgotten about this thread :D

• 8 months later...
Hi

I privately rent and when I was working with a salary of £22k per annum I was eligable for approx. £85 per week HB but had to pay full Council Tax.

Since my redunadnacy I get full housing bebefit of £625 per month and also full Council Tax benefit of £89 per month.

How is this the case? My partner had an income of £13,500, we have 2 children, so get child tax credits, child benefit and i am also in receipt of disability allowance, yet combined totals nowhere near this amount you had as an income and we are NOT eligible for ANY help with housing benefit. We rent and our rent is £375, although, if the social wanted to pay us £625 we would ertainly be living in a beautiful house.

Sorry to be a bit 'catty', but I cant believe you was entitled to help on 22k and we aren't? This is so unfair.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people are always asking about HB and CB online

thats just it ONLINE do what i did and email your local council asking them roughly how much you would be intitled too but add in your email you will only use the info as a guide and not as a true record of what you may get

my council where very helpfull and told me what i would get

just give them as much info as you can.

AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY CAN ONLY SAY NO!!

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full