Has anyone claimed past 6 years against Nat West

st24driver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone would like to know if anyone has had any success going past 6 years statue against Nat West, we used to be with them until 1999 and wondered what are the the chances of a SAR request for all statements I have heard that Nat West archieve every thing back to 1980.

Would really love to have a go at pulling this one off because they really screwed us into the floorboards and made our life a misery, and I can never forget what the manager said to me one day in general conversation " people who get into debt and are charged for this priviledge never change there ways that is why they keep getting charged for the priviledge of unarranged borrowing and will continue to do so while ever the bank supports them " well Mr Burrows looks like the worm has turned big time with all the claims against the Banks.

And for this reason if any one has any comments or words of advice on how to approach a claim I would be really gratefull.

Iam currently at the defence stage at MCOL with HSBC so I understand how to approach the banks to get a claim in motion

Guest NATTIE

I think i need to dispell the myth that natwest archive everything back to 1980 because i have never said that nor do i believe it to be correct. My understanding and i mean my understanding is that statements may not be available as far back as 1991/2 when computerisation of the branch network began but notes on the account which will contain that info will exist and under SAR can be provided. I have yet to see a NatWest win beyond the 6 year statute of limitations as yet. I should say that for many years i would have uttered words similar to that manager but through knowledge i know that the bank are wrong in their position on charges but i will still explain charges and not look at refunding charges at all, even though i know that centrally, that is exactly what NatWest are doing.

Thanks for your reply nattie I know in the Hsbc thread there have been victorys past the 6 year statue with the banks solicitors offering goodwill payments of full settlement right at the death sooner than go to court and more on going claims are under way, do you think it would be worth it to request all information that is held I can rember the account number and what are the chances of this information becoming avialable

Guest NATTIE

i am certain that some of the information going back to computerisation of natwest will exist and certainly on the charges bit info WILL exist for the same period.

• 2 months later...

Ok just won my case against Hsbc after 5 months in total for all charges, fees and interest in full, I had a personal and business account with Nat West untill 1999 but do not have any statements I'am going to send A SAR requesting these and see if I can get any joy as they really screwed us when we banked with them

Congratulations on the HSBC payout! You may struggle to get statements from nat west pre-six years, but go for it........ there's plenty of us doing the same!!! x ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I'd be really interested to know how you managed to obtain them in the end brown - any chance of you starting a nat west thread to share info? ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi Hedgey

It took me 10 letters and many many phone calls to get my statements !

I did refer NatWest to instructions on how to obtain the statements as

shown by 'Nettie' earlier this year. NatWest have told me they cannot obtain my missing statements for 1992-1995! Have issued proceedings

against NatWest for fees from 1992 -2000 and have based fees for period

1992-1995 on my data records. No doubt i will be starting my own thread when Cobblers defend !

Excellent - and well done for sticking it out with them, as they're not the easiest to deal with! Looking forward to seeing your thread when you start it - should be a good read as it's going back quite a while. ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hi there, have just started this for my mum ! It's been 3 months now and still no statements ! god they are a stubborn bunch ! she has some old statement so we may just calculate from 1992 to 2001 (when her account was closed)

Roboraver - I would be very careful when estimating fees ! Part of my claim for 1992-1995 is based on my data records and not statements. I suspect that Cobblers will defend under the Limitations Act.

Roboraver

I think you have answered your own question. NatWest or any bank don't want to pay out so why should they send out statements knowing full well

a claim will follow.? They know the only recourse we have to obtain our statements is via the Courts ! You can forget the toothless operation which is only 5 miles down the road from me in Wilmslow.

:sad: So there really is nothing we can do as the account was opened in 1992 and closed in 2001 which is over 7 years ago............*ugger the hampster, so they have probably deleted the data. I always thought that the 6 year rule was from when the last transaction was made on the account, not 6 years from OFT's report of last year?

Hi all,i sent a S.A.R for my mum for her account which Nat West closed in 1999.It was for statements for 1993-1999,Nat West's reply was that they do not hold any information brfore 2001 and cannot help her.

Obviously reading the above thread that is not true,What should her next step be?

Thanks

Ginger66, They telling you porkies.On 4th October 2002, NatWest PLC computer system ran for the last time. On October 5th 2002 RBS Group PLC computer system became live with real time banking. Effectively NatWest PLC computer system froze in time at the above date. The old NatWest PLC produced a note on customer accounts everytime correspondence, marketing, complaints and charges- when a letter was actually sent out to you on every occassion. The new RBS Group PLC computer system still has access to the old system called the NatWest Archive which has a search system under name, sort code and gender. Very simple and accessible to all branch staff. So if your account was open on October 5th 2002 then you can go to your branch and give them account number with simple straightforward information. You would need address details for October 2002, identification for yourself(or the branch would be in breach of Data Protection Act and ID procedures) and the details mentioned above. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that Park.

I have been refused my statements back to 1996 by J Tudor on the basis that they don't keep info beyond 6 years. I challenged this and mentioned the Nat West Archive and said that I would report them/issue proceedings etc. and I received a letter yesterday which appears to have "reset" my SAR back to the beginning as the letter says that I will be receiving my statements as soon as possible and thanks for the fee etc.

Will not hold my breath and who knows they might send me the last 6 years statements (for the third time) although given my previous letter to them they might actually now mean the older ones! We will see :rolleyes:

They do have access to statements. they are trying to fob you off. Go into your local branch of Nat. West and

follow the details below and see what they come up with.

The new RBS Group PLC computer system still has access to the old system called the NatWest Archive which has a search system under name, sort code and gender. Very simple and accessible to all branch staff. So if your account was open on October 5th 2002 then you can go to your branch and get the account number with simple straightforward information. Address details for October 2002, identification for yourself(or the branch would be in breach of Data Protection Act and ID procedures) and the details mentioned above, On this point I have to apologise and state that this information is incomplete in my knowledge although I am sure that I will have the info eventually and will post. For what its worth NatWest can do a search under name and branch name but it may be difficult to confirm account details as there is no address on this search engine.

A lot of staff working for RBS Group PLC Data Protection Unit are unaware of a search engine to locate accounts so i thought i would add it here. Back Office 04, 26, 45, option 1. This produces 12 options one of them is a search facility. You do need the sort code of the branch you opened the account at plus the post code, Date Of Birth, name, but it takes approximately 30 seconds and any NatWest employee can find it.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 1 month later...

Ok so I then complained to the Information Commissioner sending all relevant copy correspondence covering my request; the bank having sent me (just over) 6 years worth of statements on three occasions in response to my request; my complaining to the bank that they had failed to comply; and asking relevant questions about destruction of information, the identity of their data protection officer and for their comments about the Nat West Archive.

The Information Commissioner has written back to me saying that:

a) there is no need to submit a SAR for bank charges info :-?

b) they are not taking any further action on my complaint because Nat West have told me that they do not keep information for more than 6 years - (oh well that's alright then) - (despite NW having sent me info older than 6 years (by a couple of months) and despite my comments in my letters to them asking about the Nat West Archive and that I personally know three other people who have had information going back to the early 1990s) - :o

It beggars belief.

I will be writing back to the IC as soon as I can be bothered to continue this now 6 month epic to get the information from NW - do people think I would be better off just issuing non-compliance proceedings in the county court?

rb, this is absolute rubbish as Nat West hold your right back to 1992 - a Nat West employee who used to post on CAG told us so.

If you haven't done so already, follow the advice in this post http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/80320-has-anyone-claimed-past-2.html#post1027657 that Parkvale made earlier on in your thread.

Fingers crossed that you get a positive response this time :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

its true they do hold info.im trying to get mine.they have told me it sprinted and on its way 2nd class but its been a week now and nothing.ive been banging my head against a wall since june trying to get this SAR now.and i know someone who has had hers from 1996 i think , well before i want mine from.the customer services have no idea how to do it.joyce tudor i was told doesnt work there any more then i had a letter off her and then she answered the phone when i caled after that!! theyre trying everything to get away with it! absolutely unbelieveable that they get away with it.

• Haha 1

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!