ItsmyMoney2 V's NatWest

ItsmyMoney2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am about to start this process - I have typed out the letter requesting details of my bank charges for the last 6 years on both my accounts.

However, a few questions if anyone can help -

1) I have overdrafts on both accounts - can they just cancel the overdrafts?

2) Can they demand by cq card back ? as I can't always get to a cashpoint it comes in handy plus I pay some bills by cheque

3) Can they close one or both my accounts

4) I have heard some accounts being made into the no credit type cashcard only - are they allowed to do this?

Thanks

It's unlikely they will do this - a judge fined Alliance & Leicester for such action:

You should be aware that recently the Financial Ombudsman Service awarded compensation as a result of the treatment received from Alliance & Leicester by a customer who filed a court claim for the return of unlawfully applied charges. It was decided that the account closure was indeed unfair as it was punitive and retaliatory.

Quote:- 'He should not be prevented from bringing a legitimate complaint by the threat of having his account closed; nor do I consider it fair or reasonable of Alliance & Leicester to respond to his complaint about charges by closing the account. Alliance & Leicester appears to me to have used the closure of the account as a retaliatory or punitive measure'.

This isn't a legal precedent though. Generally however Natwest don't close accounts. You should set up a 'parachute' account just in case though. There are several basic accounts available that will do DD, SO, and provide a cash card.

Good luck!

Natwest - DPA sent / prelim sent http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/75363-bump-crapwest.html#post656651

Barclaycard - DPA sent

MSDW - DPA sent

GE Capital - Prelim sent http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/store-cards/72853-mr-bump-frasercard.html#post629618

RBS bank - DPA sent

RBS card - DPA sent

Student Loans Co - pending

Egg - DPA pending http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/egg/79992-bump-humpty-dumpty.html#post707138

Bump for Nattie please.

NATWEST BANK CLAIM - £16,100.00 WON

ABBEY BANK - £5500.00 WON

CAPITAL ONE VISA - £1800.00 WON

HUBBYS CAPITAL ONE VISA £2012.00 WON

TOTAL WON TO DATE: £25,400

*************************************************:D :D

NATWEST BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS- ONGOING

ABBEY BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS - ONGOING

YORKSHIRE BANK - AT SAR STATUS

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD - AT SAR STATUS

PLENTY MORE TO START LATER.

STRENGTH IS SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE IN LIFE, ITS A CONSCIOUS CHOICE YOU MAKE, YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH IT. YOU LEARN IT.:D :D

STRENGTH, YOURE NOT BORN WITH IT, YOU LEARN IT :confused:DUE TO WHAT LIFE DOES TO YOU. :)

Guest NATTIE

thanks fendy No No No and yes is the answers or rather unlikely. keep us updated. NatWest do not have a history of closing accounts just because you claim charges.

Like I said, the man in the know. Lol. xxxx

NATWEST BANK CLAIM - £16,100.00 WON

ABBEY BANK - £5500.00 WON

CAPITAL ONE VISA - £1800.00 WON

HUBBYS CAPITAL ONE VISA £2012.00 WON

TOTAL WON TO DATE: £25,400

*************************************************:D :D

NATWEST BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS- ONGOING

ABBEY BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS - ONGOING

YORKSHIRE BANK - AT SAR STATUS

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD - AT SAR STATUS

PLENTY MORE TO START LATER.

STRENGTH IS SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE IN LIFE, ITS A CONSCIOUS CHOICE YOU MAKE, YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH IT. YOU LEARN IT.:D :D

STRENGTH, YOURE NOT BORN WITH IT, YOU LEARN IT :confused:DUE TO WHAT LIFE DOES TO YOU. :)