big w please help

natts0310

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please somebody help i visited this store today to purchase a 12ft trampoline and enclosure it was on offer £149.99 .. when going to the till i got " there is none in store " the customer service person said they would be in stock tue or i could order one at £198.00 which i refused to do cause to me thats how there making money i refused and asked her to ring all the manchester stores .... quote " none in stock " i told her that surley not every store had sold out and that really they shouldnt be displaying and advertising something they carnt sell ... phoned head office were i was told " none in stock " they said they were having trouble getting the 12ft trampolines in yet again i said to the operations manager how can you advertise something you dont have ..... answer was YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT OR PAY AN EXTRA 40 DELIVERY

Most offers tend to be limited and state "while stocks last". How are they advertising the offer and when did you hear about it? If they are blatantly sending out advertisements while knowing that there are none in stock anywhere, this may be seen as a misleading offer and reportable to Trading Standards, who might be able to put a stop to the adverts if they believe them to be misleading.

This would only be the case if they were not advertising while stocks last and they had had some on sale, however.

Not much you can do personally however, you can't make them sell you anything at any price.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

Everything is subject to stock availability, even if they do advertise an item most of the time this is limited stock. There is nothing you can do apart from write a letter to their head office. The most they will do is send you a voucher. They are getting some in, so keeping it on display is not totally misleading.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

i used to work for the Big W store in hull (until it closed)

the trampolines were always a big seller and we used to get about 100 sets (trampoline and enclosures) in store before the offers were advertised.

the display trampolines in our store were always on the shop floor with a subject to availability notice printed on the bottom of the price ticket.

these trampolines used to sell out within a couple of days and we always had trouble getting more stock into the stores to keep up with demand.

personally (and this is only my opinion) i think they always knew the offer would be popular and knew they wouldnt be able to keep up with demand and used that to sell products off the instore ordering (we had a daily sales target for instore ordering ) thus incurring an additional delivery charge to the customer. i got into trouble quite a few times by contacting the in store ordering customer services dept by phone and asking for the delivery charge to be waived, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didnt.

i have known people order things off the instore ordering, get it delivered to their home then return it to the store (unopened) and request a refund for the item purchased and the delivery charge (which we used to honour as a gesture of goodwill)........then come back into the store a few mins later and re buy the item they have returned for the same price they could buy it for instore.

a bit underhanded but a clever way to get what you want i spose.

if its the same make of trampoline and enclosure that they had last year on the same offer we did get quite a few back faulty, sometimes 10 a week!