RyanAir checkngo scam!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't tell me what I know already about ryanair! :Cry:

This time I tried the online checkin option.

Today (good friday) I receive an email reminding me that I have to check in online, only to realise I'm now far away from a printer.

I read the online check in conditions and read the following:

"Any passenger failing to present their printed Check N'Go boarding pass at airport security and the departure gate will be charged a boarding card reissue fee currently at the rate of £2/€3 per person (or local currency equivalent). This is only available if airport check-in is still open."

This is taken from the webpage that I received in the email as the starting point for my online check in so I assume it's a valid contract term.

Ah! But no!

I do my online check in and when I get to the boarding pass it says:

If you fail to present this boarding pass at airport security and the departure gate you will be charged a boarding card re-issue fee of €20/£13.50. Check in desks close 40 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure time.

Now what?

Small claim? Send the two pages (I have saved them both as print screens from the web) to the press? File a complain to central office?

Mind you, the 1£ per minute call centre obviously says the 13.50 fee is the right one.:mad:

I have a question for you. Why did you continue to check in on line when you knew you could not print out your boarding pass.

Checking in on line is not obligatory, even if you have said you wish to and paid your €2 extra. There is nothing to stop you from turning up at the airport and checking in in the usual manner even if you have purchased an online check in ticket.

On several occasions I have been unable to use the online check in facility while in Dublin because certain internet cafes have glitches in their systems which Ryanair's computers don't like. I have had no trouble checking in at Dublin Airport as long as you are there 40 minutes beforehand. Any charge relates to people who have checked in and printed their boarding card and failed to produce it.

Ryanair also offer a facility to reprint boarding cards, which is useful in the event of a printer failure etc. Therefore, I would suggest that your best option, having chosen to check in on line, is to find an internet cafe tomorrow, go back into the on line checking facility and reprint your boarding pass, printing it out there.

Having said that, there does appear to be a descrepancy on the website in that in the section for on-line terms and conditions, the price quoted for replacement boarding cards is €2 and in the general terms and conditions section, it is €20.

Incidently, Ryanair's website also states that the cost of calls to it's call centre is 10p per minute, not £1 as you quote. I'll also back that up as accurate since two 5 minute plus calls I made last Thursday cost me 52p and 56p respectively.

I've flown with Ryanair from Bristol to Dublin about 8 times since last summer and have to say that I have never had any problems with them at all. The only delay I've had was 30 minutes on the day when every airport in the UK was suffering from gale force winds last December.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Don't tell me what I know already about ryanair! :Cry:

This time I tried the online checkin option.

Today (good friday) I receive an email reminding me that I have to check in online, only to realise I'm now far away from a printer.

I read the online check in conditions and read the following:

"Any passenger failing to present their printed Check N'Go boarding pass at airport security and the departure gate will be charged a boarding card reissue fee currently at the rate of £2/€3 per person (or local currency equivalent). This is only available if airport check-in is still open."

This is taken from the webpage that I received in the email as the starting point for my online check in so I assume it's a valid contract term.

Ah! But no!

I do my online check in and when I get to the boarding pass it says:

If you fail to present this boarding pass at airport security and the departure gate you will be charged a boarding card re-issue fee of €20/£13.50. Check in desks close 40 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure time.

Now what?

Small claim? Send the two pages (I have saved them both as print screens from the web) to the press? File a complain to central office?

Mind you, the 1£ per minute call centre obviously says the 13.50 fee is the right one.:mad:

If you have copies of both send them off to them stating that had the original page stated £13.50 instead of £2 (provide the screenshots) you would not have continued to check in online and would have checked in free of charge at the airport instead, ask for an explanation and for the difference between the two amounts to be refunded. Then see what they say and take it from there.

Put it in writing rather than ringing.

If you didnt know until after you'd completed the online check in and can provide proof (screenshots) you may be lucky, obviously if they told you of the higher price before then you had the option to cancel and use the check in facility at the airport instead so they probably won't reimburse you the difference.