building society letter charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

dear all

wondering if i can claim back a £35 correspondance fee from birmingham midshires?

basically i missed a mortgage payment while on holiday. i was abroad for 2.5 months. when i got back the first letter said that every other letter they sent me would cost 35 quid - they sent me 7 letters!

any advice?

Guest Niklowe

I don't think that it could cost £35 for a computer generated template letter IMHO. Unless they have gone back to quill pens and parchment.

Guest louis wu
I don't think that it could cost £35 for a computer generated template letter IMHO. Unless they have gone back to quill pens and parchment.

Couldn't agree more, but if these are the only 'charges', then maybe a phone call, bearing in mind the current publicity, may work.

If, however, you have more charges over the years, then its time to go the whole hog.

Louis

Guest Niklowe

I agree louis in this instance, it's worth a phone call. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

will try calling after the weekend. hopefully can sort it out that way.

the first letter stated that the subsequent letters would be charged at £35 each and specifically stated that this was a charge for the correspndence.

will let you know how i go

Guest louis wu

When you call them, it may be worth reminding them that however they label the charge, it is still a penalty. Mention this site and the knowledge you have, ie charges are always refunded if the customer instigates court action (with the extra costs that come with it), and hope that for once, common sense wins.

Whatever the outcome to the call, best of luck and let us know what happened.

Regards

Louis