Bank of Ireland Arrears Fees

PPMAN159
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year I manged to get myself in the position of missing a couple of payments of my mortgage held with BOI and ended up owing them around £1200.

After lengthy dicussions with them it was agreed that I would pay an additional sum(£75) each month until such time as the debt was cleared.

However I was not told at the time of this agrreement that they would be charging me £30 a month for, as they called it, administering these arrears.

To my mind this charge is excessive and this was expressed to them earlier this year.

Their response was along the lines of these charges are made clear in the terms and conditons of the mortgage and as such they were not prepared to either refund them or apply then against the arrears that I was trying to clear.

My question here is can these charges be treated in the same way as those applied by the banks and, if so, is there a process to follow in order to try and get them refunded?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.