Hello & Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and thought I'd say hi and take the opportunity to ask for advice.

I sent a letter off to the bank (Lloyds TSB) on 27th March 07 and have received my reply today. The letter slightly waffles on about how the bank is a business etc etc and how we should contact them if we're going to go over our limit. This is what they have said:

"The office of fair trading has published new guidelines on credit card default charges. We're still talking it through with them, but the important point is tht the guidelines are about 'default' charges that people pay when they break an agreement with us. This does not apply to your charges as these were for dealing with your request to got over your agreed overdraft limit. They are not default charges because you haven't broken your agreement. They are our prices for the service we provide in these situations."

I don't understand! We didn't request to go over the agreed limit and the breakdown of charges they sent has O/Draft Excess Fee and Unpaid D/D. Can I not claim these?

Any help would be appreciated.

:razz: Mrs Mop :razz:

Hi Mrs Mopp.

That letter is the biggest piece of waffle that you're ever likely to see.

Spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide.

Any penalty charge levied on your account is unlawful and can be reclaimed. It doesn't matter what the bank calls them, they are still penalty charges.

If I gave you a coat but insisted that it was a sandwich, would you wear it or eat it? Regardless of what I call it, it's still a coat.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....