rainbow005 vs. Lloyds TSB

rainbow005
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

just popping in to start my thread regarding reclaimation of my charges from Lloyds TSB:

13th March - sent DPA letter for schedule of charges.

That's it so far - no acknowledgement or reply as yet from the bank. 40 days ticking away.

Oh, forgot to add - strangely the ability to view my statements on-line has been removed from my account. Coincidence? Who else has noticed this?

Will keep you updated.

Rainbow

Hi rainbow, welcome :) Good luck with your claim. Not that you need it of course ;) stick to the advice and the step by step guide and you'll be fine

Apparently this was happening earlier on this week. Me personally? I can view my statments at the moment.

Hi nanaman,

good luck with your own claim too.

I've been reading as many of the threads as possible and it looks as though LloydsTSB are employing as many panic-driven tactics as possible to throw people off the path of reclaiming charges.

That's why it's so important to keep up to date with everyone's experiences and stay prepared for whatever they may try next!

Rainbow

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:

13th March - sent DPA letter for schedule of charges.

17th April - schedule of charges received totalling £1,110

The accompanying cover letter is almost goading me into requesting further statements going back for as long as I've held the account (which is around 15 years in total).

However, for now I think I'll just proceed within the six year time frame.

Preliminary letter for refund of £1,100 will be sent on Monday.

• 1 month later...

I've just spoken to Lloyds who have informed me that there is absolutely no way I would be able to get a copy of the terms and conditions that were in force at the time my account was opened in 1995.

They say that, in specific relation to charges, no information pertaining to 'how much' they would charge me for for a specific item would have been contained in the T's and C's anyway - but that they periodically send out a 'tariff of charges' whenever the amounts charged are changed (ie: 'upped'!).

What do I do now? Can I still submit my claim to the court without being able to obtain a copy of the terms and conditions for my account at the time it was opened?

Yes they wont provide you with eveidence against themselves. Other than one you own as your right to obtain, eg your statements. Yes go ahead and claim, there are people on here who may have some t&c's for you should it get that far. Thats a long way off yet.

Have you sent prelim letter? then the LBA? not sure why you are talking of Court at such a early stage.

Hi there,

yes, I'vew sent the prelim letter on 30th April, and the LBA on 16th May. No response from Llyds since either of those letters, so now starting the claim.

Thanks for your comments,

Kirsty

• 3 weeks later...

God, I hope I don't sound too stupid when I ask this!

I want to let an administrator or sitehelper know about the start of my claim - but how do I contact one? And is an 'administrator' the same as a 'moderator'?

Thanks,

Rainbow

Form N244 - Ammending particulars of claim Dont forget it will cost you £35 to ammend it :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Evening all,

Yet another crappy, rainy day - and yet more crap from Lloyds: standard 9 point defence received in this morning's post, along with an allocation questionnaire.

Am I correct in thinking that, as my claim is under £1,500, the AQ fee does not apply? There isn't any indication as to what the fee is/would be with the paperwork from the court anyway.

Have a good evening everyone.

Rainbow

If you have not done so already then do not amend your claim, it will cost you £35 and is non refundable and will delay your claim. Once this claim is finished you can start again.

Again if you have not done so already then you can PM me with your litigation details.

These should help you complete the AQ, New Strategy really a must now:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires.html

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon,

I'm ready to send my court bundle in, but have a question:

- is there a court form that I have to use to present the court bundle?

Or do I simply get all the paperwork together and put a covering note/letter with it summarising the paperwork being submitted?

Cheers,

Kirsty

• 9 months later...

Evening all,

Have been away for some time and haven't thought about my court claim against LTSB for quite a while (since last summer, in fact!).

On the 10th September last year, I received a notice from the court stating that my claim was being stayed. The actual wording on the General Form of Judgement or Order was "... hearing on 28th September 2007 is vacated...", which I assume is the same as "stayed".

What do I do next? Can I simply ring up the court and ask them to continue with my claim?

Thanks,

Kirsty

It is just a waiting game.

I am not holding my breath, I think we will be waiting until the end of 2009 before we get any real progress.

I just do not see how they can take the claims off hold, when the courts have not decided if the charges are fair / unlawful.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.