connaught collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i have been pursued by connaught and prior to them 1st credit for almost a year. i have filled in the budget form for them highlighting i can only make a nominal payment of £1 a month. CCCS said a nominal payment if is all you can afford is all you need send. It has now progressed to a solicitor threatening court unless i pay within seven days. there is no way i can do this and said so in my letter back.

is it not the case when an agreement has been set up with connaught in this case, whereby i send them a monthly amount this is a binding contract. i was led to believe this after speaking to the CCCS.

therefore why have they progressed to court action? and what options do i have with these suckers?

hope any or all of you can shed some light. i am sick of all the pestering same letters. its as though they never read anything i send them.

anyway, thanks.

hi. sorry i didnt reply sooner. was away from comp.

the debt is from a loan with first direct i took out some years ago, but not more than six. its not for a massive amount, approx £1100. it was first passed to first credit then to connaught collections and now to solicitors. any advice would be great, thanks again.

hi. sorry i didnt reply sooner. was away from comp.

the debt is from a loan with first direct i took out some years ago, but not more than six. its not for a massive amount, approx £1100. it was first passed to first credit then to connaught collections and now to solicitors. any advice would be great, thanks again.

If this is a loan, you can send Connaught a CCA (Consumer Credit Act) request in order to determine their legal right to collect payments. By law, they have to be able to produce a true, signed copy of this document upon request... regardless of whether you have already started making payments. If they do not comply with this request within the legal timeframe of 12 working days (from rec. delivery receipt), then they will be in default and unable to pursue you for payment. :)

As the matter had now been referred to solicitors, I would be inclined to send a CCA to them as well in order to cover yourself. Enclose a chq./PO for £1 for each request... and send by rec. delivery. Make sure that you keep the receipts as these are your only proof that a request has been made. I have also made scanned copies of all my CCA requests as additional proof.... and stapled each rec. delivery receipt to the back.

The link is here : Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

Scroll down to Letter N. It may be an idea to head up the letter with "I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY"

Good luck.... :)