• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tesco Visa no CCA £9K written off!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Just found this thread as I am about to send CCA request to Tesco. I have read other threads where they have started to argue that application forms are valid CCAs but it is worth a try;). Wish me luck.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Thanks Smartmartian. Mine is slightly more than yours:eek:. Think it is called irresponsible lending - upping my credit limit by £2k at a time when all I was making was the minimum payment. We shall see what happens.

BANK CHARGES

Others

I got back a BLANK application form and Terms and Conditions in response to my CCA request. And is was reduced several times on their photocopier so it is illegible.

Will be writing back asking for a legible copy once the postal strike is over.

I guess they've changed their tactics.

Some people are getting copies of completed application forms - so I'm not sure of the reason I only get a blank one - Hardly worth the £1 fee! :( -

About the only thing I could make out was the Crystal Mark from the Plain English Campaign, which I believe wants all fonts to be 12 pt but certainly no less that 10 pt. My document is just a blur

I got back a BLANK application form and Terms and Conditions in response to my CCA request. And is was reduced several times on their photocopier so it is illegible.

Some people are getting copies of completed application forms - so I'm not sure of the reason I only get a blank one - Hardly worth the £1 fee! :( -

About the only thing I could make out was the Crystal Mark from the Plain English Campaign, which I believe wants all fonts to be 12 pt but certainly no less that 10 pt. My document is just a blur

You absolutely must insist on seeing a copy of the signature document, remember there is absolutely no use in them providing you with a BLANK form, what is that all about? They would be laughed out of the courtroom! I suggest you keep that copy safe and sound! I personally feel it is well worth the £1.00 fee - how stupid can they be????

The thing is, they will be aware of the postings on various consumer websites and the ensuing publicity such as has happened in the OP's case. Therefore, they are going to have to try it on, aren't they?

The answer is not to lose your nerve.

Regards,

Cornucopia :)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Also, could you clarify, when you say people are being sent completed application forms, can I assume you mean completed by the applicant, rather than the bank?

Sorry if this seems a very daft question, but I wouldn't put it past them..............:rolleyes:

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Yes, completed by the applicant.

I got exactly the same Tesco letter as the person in this thread, but they got a copy of their application form (which they posted on the thread with personal bits blanked out) and I just got, well, a blank one :? .

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/114508-tesco-credit-card-triton.html

Yes, completed by the applicant.

I got exactly the same Tesco letter as the person in this thread, but they got a copy of their application form (which they posted on the thread with personal bits blanked out) and I just got, well, a blank one :? .

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/114508-tesco-credit-card-triton.html

Well it is quite clear they don't actually have the required document (and I have looked at the thread above and the application form provided which is wholly unenforceable), therefore I would tell them that you are going to file at court to have the blank agreement declared unenforceable.

You could ask them to provide you with the documents they intend to rely on it court, were they to attempt to enforce this so-called application form, and you can quote the Civil Procedure Rules : Pre Action Protocol 4.6.

Sounds like you are onto a winner here!

Good luck!

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I think it must have been taken out in 2000 or maybe late 1999. The blank application has in a big balloon '4.9% APR fixed until 1 January 2001'

I was defaulted about a year ago, interest has been frozen and I'm paying an agreed £1 per month which they now want to review.

Worm - same situation as me - except I think my agreement (if they find it) is even older than that.:p

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 1 month later...

Update on mine - sent CCA request and they have sent me a 'true copy' which shows the credit limit as 10K (it was about £1K when the agreement commenced about 15 years ago) a set of t&cs from 09/07 and the latest statement. The 'true copy' has no signatures by either party nor is it dated. Apparently they have complied. I know I have seen posts elsewhere on here about their arguments about this being valid if anyone can suggest what I do now:)

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 10 months later...

Hi

This is my 1st post on here. I have read through allot of the threads on here re the CCA requests. I would just like to say thanks for all the great info!!! Anyway, I too, have sent of some CCA requests to 5 of my credit cards, and 1 of my loans. I have kept a diary of everything if you would like me to put it up here? To date i have had egg respond with the original document that i signed, so no luck there.

BUT this morning to my delight i received a letter from Moorcroft debt recovery RE my lloyds loan of about 8.5k basically saying that they cannot find the agreement at the mo, and the account is on hold, and they do not wish to seek enforcement untill they find the agreement! What can i do from here? I was thinking of writing a letter back asking them to write off the debt, but don't know how to word it? Does anyone have a template etc that i could use? This is the letter they sent me:

Dear mr......sdfgdshfdfhdfgh

I refer to your recent correspondence. We are continuing to seek to obtain a copy of the consumer credit agreement that you have requested. Our systems provide for reviews to be sent to our client on a regular basis and this we are continuing to do. I will contact you again just as soon as the agreement has been made available to ourselves and confirm that at this stage the accound has been placed on hold, and that we will not seek to enforce the debt untill such time as the agreement is obtained.

In the meantime however we believe that it may be of assistance to all parties if we also take this opportunity to ensure that any potential areas of dispute are addressed prior to any possible court action or further investigiation. Please could you give an indicationof the information you will be providing, when giving evidence to the court or providing information to the relevant statutory authorities in relation to the alleged subject matter of the account.

Please could you provide this information by return. We believe that this is a simple request that will assist in ensuring that all possible areas of dispute are identified as quickly as possible and potential costs and delays kept to a minimum level.

I thank you blah blah blah, end of letter

What do you guys think, sorry for the long post...

Regards

Chris

chris, no need to do anything. You've won. :)

That's incorrect, if, Lloyds locate the agreement then enforcement will continue. I have known creditors forward agreements up 12 months after a CCA request.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Good news Chris. Best thing to do now is sit back and do nothing. Keep a low profile and give them no reason to look any more for the paperwork. Six years after the last payment you made, it all becomes unenforceable due to statutes of limitation.

If they find a credit agreement, as Paul said, they can still seek enforcement. The sum is large (8.5K) you can bet they have already looked in all the places it should have been filed and not found it. Always a chance they might find it somewhere else, but given they don't know where it is, must be a good chance they will never find it.

Thats assuming you signed something in the first place! Do you recall signing anything?

• 2 weeks later...
I wrote to Tesco Visa on the 12th February 2007 and requested the credit agreement in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

They replied on the 3rd April 2007, first letter back, nothing in between.

"As I am unable to provide you with a copy agreement at the date the card agreement was made and a copy of the current terms of the card agreement, as an exceptional matter and in line with the Consumer Credit Act requirements, the current balance of £9K has been discharged and is no longer obligatory."

Signed by Senior CRA Officer

Does this still work?

I have a debt with Tesco and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have the agreement.

Is it worht a go?

Welcome Finance PPI ***WON***£650

Black Horse PPI ***WON*** £1200

CL Finance-County Court Claim-***WON***(well sort of-stopped them continuing with the claims)

BANK CHARGES

Others

Thanks for replying to me so quickly, appreciated! Another quick question i have 2 big debts with the Bank Of Scotland taking out in 2001, due to unforseen circumstances i had to pass my debt to payplan.The debt is now with a DCA so do i send the CCA request to them or the bank of scotland? Any advice appreciated!

Thanks