Mackenzie Hall debt collection

tedebear

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, this is my first post. I have read about this firm on these boards and the information was a great help. I received a letter from these people addressed to me in my correrct name and correct address. It said that they were attempting to contact the above named person (me), and had been provided with my address. Now this is the second such letter I have had, the other was from Telegrom, which I believe is a similar sort of company. I ignored it completely. My problem differs a bit from some of the previous posts. I have never had an unpaid debt, neither has anyone related to me, no one at the same address as me has ever had an unpaid debt. The only thing I can think of is, it may be connected with a person who used to live at my address over 8 years ago. I did receive letters for this person and sent some of them back to the sender. I am getting a bit worried about all this and would appreciate any advice.

First of all don't worry. It seems to me that the highly-trained executives at Mackenzie Hall's nerve centre in downtown Kilmarnock have looked up your address in 192.com and discovered it relates to a debt they are chasing, probably for someone else, and they want your help to find him. The onus is on Mackenzie Hall to find the right person and you shouldn't have to do anything - after all if you contacted them it would be your phone call or stamp.

Ignore these stupid people but if you are still worried check your credit file in case these morons have put some negative info on there. Its not inconceivable they would do so. If that does happen then get onto them asap and insist they remove it. In any event report them to the Info Commissioner and start the ball rolling for a complaint against them.

It seems to me that the highly-trained executives at Mackenzie Hall's nerve centre in downtown Kilmarnock have looked up your address in 192.com and discovered it relates to a debt they are chasing, probably for someone else, and they want your help to find him. .

Wonder how they would like it if we looked them up on 192.com and sent a doorstep agent:cool: to call with them re a problem.:D

Thankyou, that has helped. I have 2 follow up questions please. Can anyone put negative info on a credit file? If so, it seems a bit unfair and unethical. I will check my credit file as you suggested. And please forgive my stupidity, but what is the Information Commissioner?

Only "subscribers" to the three credit agencies can put any sort of information on a credit file. In practice these are the banks, finance house, public utilities and their poodles the debt collectors.

It may appear unfair and unethical to you for negative info to be put on a file for no apparent reason but there are plenty of people on this forum who have seen it happen to them. Being fair and ethical matters not one jot to the debt collectors in general and to the lot in East Ayrshire in particular.

The Information Commissioner polices the Data Protection Act and handles complaints about those who abuse it. He's better at protecting the rights of the individual than the Office of Fair Trading whose attitude is - oh, we've only received 99 complaints about this debt collector in the last 30 minutes, we'll wait until we get 150 and then we might not do something!"