first letter

busa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.....

well....sent my first letter along with a cheque for £10 to obtain my statements 40 day ago today.....! and i've had no reply....yet?

i checked my online statment and saw they had cashed the £10 cheque on the 10th march......

now being that it's the easter weekend i was going to wait till tuesday to see if the statements turn up? if they dont is there any point in calling them or do i send a letter again?

not sure what to do now as i've not been able to find a thread the deals with this?

regards

no, what you do is first thing tomorrow morning you post the DPA non-compliance letter to them recorded delivery. Do you think if they were chasing you for money they would take into consideration bank holidays...I don't think so!

No response to SAR is a regular occurrence - I'm surprised you haven't found anything.

• Haha 1

ok....

i did send the first letter to my branch? i hope this was right? i suppose it was as they have cashed the cheque!!!

is there a link here to find the registered office?

i do have a PO box address which i found on my cheque book, but i'm not sure if you can send a registered letter to a PO box?

do you think i should send a letter to both branch and head office?

just tryed calling nationwide to get the address.....got a recorded message saying....."sorry we are unable to take you call at the moment due to an unforseen emergency".....? hope the buildings not been blown up.....! i want me money back......!:eek:

yeah swindon is the one in my cheque book.....but it's a PO box address!

many thanks for your advise......i'll get this letter sorted and leave you alone.........for now...!:)

i'll post some more as i get it....

have a nice easter....

Nick

Hi Nick,

Done my Easter family visiting duties! So unforeseen emergency at Swindon eh? That's interesting, perhaps they've gone into meltdown with all our claims!

No problems, just come back on here if you reach any brick walls - there's always someone around to help - it just happened to be only me because it was early on Good Friday morning. All those other lazy layabouts on this site were still snoring away.:rolleyes:

Good luck - keep us posted with your progress!

right.....sorry for being soft......!!but i left sending the snotty letter about not getting my statements back till tuesday....gave the post office a chance to deliver......!! and today we got a large packet special delivery....! they must of got the letter from me wednesday and crapped themselves.....hahaha...not and sent the statments that day.

So....a quick rough tally up and we have been charged around £2000 in the last 6 years.......!!

right....first questions: do i claim back for an unauthorised overdraft fee at £10 a time? and does anyone have a easy way of calculating all my charges and do i add intrest? i know there is somthing in the forum about this but it seemed a bit confusing......maybe i shoul try reading it again.....

anyway i'm glad the ball has finally started rolling.......:rolleyes:

Hi Busa,

I claimed back my unauthorised OD fees and interest charges I incurred from the unlawful charges. I calculated them using one of these templates:

Spreadsheet templates

I used the simple Excel one but I think it all depends on what type of interest you are claiming.

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Hi Kelly...

yeah i found the templates now.....and got all my charges sorted out. worked out for doing some reading on the site not to claim the 8% till court.....!

gping to have a go at the intrest spreadsheet later today to see if i can work it all out with the intrest incured...?

the rough guess of mine was pretty close too...£2000 worked out to £1955.....

Nick

It sounds to me like you've got it all sussed for now. Good luck with the spreadsheet. I spent days checking and re-checking the info.... almost as many times as I checked my account when the claim went to court. :rolleyes: Don't forget to get all your correspondence signed for. It helps speed up the process as there is no umming and ahhing over dates.

Hmmm, 2k? That'll be very nice when it comes.

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

I to sent my SAR to Nationwide begining of march, they cashed the £10 cheque about a week later but i have not heard anything since & have not recieved any statements or details of charges! 40days is due soon and i want to be ready for the next stage, what do i do now??

Hey.....

well, sent my demand for my money back together with the list of charges yesterday......so who knows, could have my money back in 14 days....!! yeah right........