Brunswick Collection Services

omihexi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks

This is my first posting. Thanks to so many bank charges from the Clydesdale bank I ended up in deep debt in 2001 in when my company fell under and they refused to negotiate repayment of a loan. In the end this was handed over to Brunswick Collections and I did manage to negotiate repayments to them. However, in the last two months they keep sending me letters saying that if I don't pay the account in full they will take legal action and that they can affect any future sale of my property; arrest my wages and (like I care about this one) make it difficult for me to get credit in future. It confuses me that they have waited until the amount owed is below £1000. They still accept my payments of £90 a month and still send me these letters. On top of that, when I call to make payments every month they give me this big lecture saying I have to send them a financial statement of account to prove that I still can't pay the amount in full. They already have that and I have explained to them that other than the fact that I've now taken a permanent job with a lower salary, my financial situation hasn't changed. What should I do?

Many thanks

Oumi

Have you always ro phone to make your payments? can you not just send them a cheque etc.? If you are paying them each month what you can afford there is not much sense in them taking out a court action as they know from what you sent them about your financial situation. If they continually phone you send them the harassment letter from the templates this should put a stop to that. I am not a lawyer but I have used these methods and they worked. Best of luck

Thanks Texel, that makes me feel better. Yes, I always phone as I no longer have cheque books or credit cards, lets just say I've learned my lesson with such stuff. They have asked to take a direct debit from my account, and, if they didn't continually harass me like this I would have allowed it. I thought they couldn't take me to court if I was paying, and it's not like I'm taking the mickey with stupid wee payments of like £5 a month, I pay them £90 a month, what the heck do they want? I just wasn't 100% sure if they could do what they say. Thanks again, I will send them that letter if they keep at me.

Thanks for your email always remember these morons who harass people are on a commission the morde they can screw out of people the more they make themselves:mad: I used to have phone calls at all times of day and night and finally got fed up and threatend court action myself