pswurkxm v HSBC

pswurkxm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just set up a debt management programme,for myself an I V C.Going through my statements from HSBC , i find i have been charged over 5k in charges over a 6 year period, no wonder i got deep in debt!!!! 2 questions to you good people,1st would taken action against hsbc for overchargeing effect my I V C payments,secondly, i had a agreed overdraft set up with them,which i was charged £27.50 a month plus interest to have the use of, is that reclaimable,as sometimes my charges alone over a month were £100.00 plus interest and return fees,thanks for reading

the £27.50 looks mighty familiar to me , i'm not sure if it was a charge for your overdraft, more a charge for going over your overdraft, if so then you claim that back

afaik i was never charged for the facility of my overdraft, however if that was the case for you , then you cannot claim back something which was a service provided to you by the bank

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

I doubt v much the £27.50 was a charge for the overdraft, more likely to be a charge for going overdrawn.

£27.50 shows up regularly on my account, and I certainly didn't agree to a monthly overdraft fee

I have just got my statements through,i cant beleive the amounts they have taken from my account,ill break it down £1551.79 in interest,£3078 in charges and £920 in charges for stopped DDs and stopped Standing orders, Thats a total of £5549.79 :mad: .Having read around this site do we think this is to much to go for in one go.I wanna send my first approch next week.:???:

It's too much to stay on the Small Claims Track. However, the £1551 you quote in interest; is that interest they've charged on CHARGES ALONE, or is that ALL the interest they've charged you? You're only entitled to reclaim the interest which applied to the charges they took unlawfully... What types of charge are the £3078 for?

If that's what you've done, however, break it down into two claims; one for one fee type, and one for another fee type.

Well going through my statements,i have added up all the interest charged,as it doesnt split what its for.Or is it on the summary page of charges that it only applies to.As for the charges these appear on my statement and on the summary page which i have added together as they are of different amounts so i guess they are for different things?

OK - as regards the interest, unfortunately you'd have to split it down yourself. You'd have to know the interest rate being charged at the time and you'd have to apply that rate to each individual charge as it was levied - the interest charged on the rest of your balance is legitimate and cannot be claimed back. (I have ignored my interest; it was too bloody hard to work out)

As regards your charges, ignore the separate "charge notification sheets" and just count the charges actually listed on your statements; and only the ones which apply to instances of default: e.g. excess overdraft fee, overdraft fee, unpaid items, etc etc etc. Regular charges, like "overdraft arrangement fee" and stuff you ASKED them for, you can't include.

Also, I would have a good solid read around the FAQ and around the stories of other people claiming their charges back from HSBC... you'll need to get a good solid feel for the place before you jump in...

Also look at the spreadsheet in the bank templates library which will give a reasonable calculation on the interest for you. There are 2 there. Do not use the court claims calculation at this stage. Take a look and you will hopefully see what I mean.

Have a really good read in the FAQ's and around the library and the forums, and a lot will become clear. When you have done that come back and ask anything else you need to know.

Welcome to the forum and good luck by the way.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Spent most of tonight working out charges taken from my account, used the templates in the libary, very handy.so sending 1st approach letter ,registered post in morning sitting back and waiting for there response.After reading so many threads i know what it will be.Still they owe me sum 4700 pounds so its worth fighting for.I will keep you posted

Threads merged.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thanks every one,for your interest.I worked out the interest on the template given,so its the interest on the interest they charged me.Also the charges im claiming for are for un paid DDs ,card misuse,unpaid item charges,and i know i have a standard charge per month of £27.50 but i keep getting random amounts,from £27.50 to £125.00 a month without any explanation or reason for the difference, so ive taken the £27.50 from the amount charged and asked for the difference back.

thanks every one,for your interest.I worked out the interest on the template given,so its the interest on the interest they charged me.Also the charges im claiming for are for un paid DDs ,card misuse,unpaid item charges,and i know i have a standard charge per month of £27.50 but i keep getting random amounts,from £27.50 to £125.00 a month without any explanation or reason for the difference, so ive taken the £27.50 from the amount charged and asked for the difference back.

what do you mean a standard charge?, did you have an arranged overdraft which you had to pay a monthly fee for?, as i've not heard of one yet, its most likely that you happened to have a charge put on every month of £27.50 i know i had the same thing, does it say specifically that its in relation to an overdraft fee, or that its a charge?, if its a charge you'll be able to claim it, although i have a feeling it may take you over the £5000

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Just to clarify....

Small claims court 'limit' is £5,000 - but this EXCLUDES court fees and any interest you are adding at 8%.

It would include any overdraft interest that you could determine as being solely because of the unlawful charges (usually quite difficult to do).

Even a claim above £5,000 could still go to small claims track - it would need to argued as to why this should be the case, but essentially there is still an option.

pswurkxm - have you determined what you are claiming exactly?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 months later...

Some reassurance please!!!!

Had to send a breakdown of my charges to DG solicitors today

and also noticed from my on line claim through HMCS that they intend to defend my action,and it has now been passed to a court for action .

Is this normal, or am i going to court :?:

its normal you at same stage as me race ya lol

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Its unlikely if the other HSBC cases are anything to go by.

They just tend to leave it to the very last minute before paying up.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

i got full offer this morn

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

Glad to hear it ...

I'm just starting my claim now

Well done for hanging in there

Thanks,

Will

HSBC:

Sent S.A.R via email- 08/08/06 :confused:

Rec'd Std letter : Asking me to quantify claim and use internet banking - 14/08/06 :evil:

Rec'd 6 years bank statements and Std letter apologising for delay - 17/08/06 :rolleyes:

Prelim Claim for £3173.25 Sent via post and email - 17/08/06 :cool: Rec'd std letter : Don't agree unenforceable, we think we'd win in court etc, blah, blah, blah. :mad:

MCOL Filed for £4042.64 - 22/09/06

Capital One : Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - 17/08/06

CitiCard : Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - 17/08/06

Well done Angela

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

6 days they said they were going to defend on the 16th i then got a letter on sat asking for breakdown which i faxed from work on sat and then i got this letter this morn and they dont work weekends so it might have been a bit quicker

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks