Can you help?

ellioange

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Followed all the steps ( Sent off for the statements, sent letter with the amount etc etc), thought everything was going fine, untill today recd a letter from the monsters saying they are not going to refund my money. Now I have looked at the LBA and it does not make sense with regards to the letter they sent (see below a few lines from letter)

Like any business, we do make a charge for some of our extra services. When customers don't have enough money in there accounts to cover a payment, this always means extra work and this has to happen very quickly

WHAT??????????

The Office of Fair Trading has published new guidelines on credit card default charges. we're still taking it through with them, but the important point is that the guidelines are about default charges that people pay when they break an agreement with us. This doesnt apply to your charges as these were for dealing with your request to go over your overdraft limit. they are not default charges because yu haven't broken your agreement. They are our prices or the service we provide.

blah blah what a load of ............. what are they going on about I have never gone in the red with the overdraft???

Please can anyone help me? what letter do I send now the LBA will not comply with above HELP ME CRACKING UP

Hi elli

I've seen a lot of these type of letters from reading other threads.

The shared wisdom is that it is a delaying tactic by the bank, automated letter now being sent to everyone.

You should stick to YOUR timetable as laid down in step by step instructions.

Do not worry about it just plod on

PS read as much as you can take in (usually till brain hurts)

lazybones :D

All opinions expressed by me are my own personal ones........

If in doubt seek Professional Advice

MBNA....... S.A.R....Posted..12/3/07

Delivered..13/3/07..Replied..20/4/07-- Incmplete

Non-compliance letter sent...01/05/07

LTSB........S.A.R. ..Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..20/3/07..Replied..21/4/07--Incoplete

Non-compliance letter sent...07/05/07

AL+LE...... S.A.R... Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..15/3/07..Replied..20/4/07--Complete

If you're worried about this bit of the LBA not fitting in:

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the [XXDATEXX].

Change it to

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond constructively to my letter of the [XXDATEXX].

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!