Planet_Moomin v's NastyWest

planet_moomin

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone - I'm a bit new to this but could do with some advice.

I've calculated my charges and took a letter to my branch, stating that I wished to claim back the charges. Got a reciept etc. said I was giving them 14 days then I'd take it further.......

That makes the 9/4/7 the 14 days but this is a BH. Has everyone else given them 14 working days or calendar days?

Also have you tried to call them first or just put in a small claims court action?

Any advice greatly received ~ Many thanks

Hi, thanks for that Zoot & Nattie...

Just rang Natwest as not heard anything & wanted to confirm they'd received my letter and sent an ack letter back (which i've not had).....they also said offer letter was in the post. I'm still going ahead with the LBA today recorded, however wondered from others experience what this was likely to be, partial or full etc.

Many thanks

Are Nat West starting to issue offer letters ahead of Fridays court case?

Just being nosey Planet but how much have you claimed from them?

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

A chap called Tom Brennan is taking Nat West to court this Friday to basically get them to justify that the charges that they have levied are fair and reasonable.

He feels that when Nat West charge us £38 for a failed direct debit it in actual fact only costs them about £2.50.I am not sure where he has got figures from but he is a barrister and seems fairly confident that he can win-if he loses he will be bankrupt and disbarred.

He has claimed £2500 in charges from them and they have offered him £4000 in settlement so do we assume from this that they have something to hide?

He ha

PPMAN159

Whichever way they go they are on a hiding to nothing-if they do not defend the case then that will taken as a key to open the floodgates and then everyine will claim.

I do not see how they can defend this situation when you think that up to now they have not defended a single case.

Also the case is on Friday the 13th!

PPMAN159

• 1 month later...

Ok a bit of an update....I did all of the stages, and didn't get a jot back from Natwest not even an ack from them!

So I went through moneyclaim....didn't hear anything till the day before, then they decided to submit a defence. That was a week ago.

Today I get home and they offered the full amount minus the interest. Not admitting liability etc...(sounds like the standard letter) No mention of the court costs. It says I have 8 weeks to respond.

Your advise is needed here please. I would be prepared to accept the amount if they offered the court costs. How should I play this, and does waiting a few weeks jepodise my court case as I thought they only had another week to submit a defense...instead they've made an offer.

What does all this mean...is this normal practice :???:

Many thanks

..is this normal practice :???:

Afraid so - completely normal Cobbetts behaviour. All you need to do is to write back politely accepting their offer as a partial settlement of your claim and telling them that you intend to continue until they meet your claim in full and unconditionally.

Then wait.

THey will give in.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

• 3 weeks later...

Another update:

Just sent off my CR 18 thing, the letter from the site saying I don't have to complete it etc....

I'm with Norhampton CC, any ideas on what happens next and the approx timescales I can expect????

Many thanks

Had a letter from Northampton saying my case has been transferred to my local court. And that unless the judge instructs otherwise the allocation questionaire has been dispensed with.

What can I expect next then - and what sort of timescales??

Many thanks

This is totally normal for your claim to be transfered to a more local court. Northampton is the bulk centre for MCOL and just doesn't have the capacity to deal with the volume of claims they are receiving.

You now need to wait for further directions from the court.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Deller,

Thanks for that...sometimes seems a bit daunting getting all this legal stuff through, and I'm never sure if I'm in the same boat as the next person!

I shall sit tight and keep my fingers crossed for a nice big cheque sooner rather than later ;)

Thanks