Me v LTSB - strange letter - Advice pls

trevor33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got my statements back from LTSB for 6 years. £1500 charges. Sent first letter asking for charges back and got strange letter with this paragraph.

"We are still talking it through with the OFT, but the important point is that the guidelines are about 'default' charges that people pay when they break an agreement with us. This does not apply to your charges as these were for dealing with your request to go over your egreed overdraft limit. They are not default charges because you have not broken your agreement. These are the prices for the service we provide in these circumstances"

What is all this about. I have not used this account for about 3 years and, as far as I can remember, I did not ask for an increased overdraft.

Do I still sent the second letter?

Trevor33

Go ahead, it's a standard "brush you off" letter.

Next is your letter before action...

Dont forget, your timescale not theirs.

Keep reading the FAQ's and threads.

Read, Read and Read some more.

The answers are all out there...

By the way, it's your claim. I only offer an opinion as another reader. :confused:

Thax aqua2. will have to wait till tuesday though to record delivery.

Just a thought.

My first request for statements was sent recorded. I went to Royal Mail web site to track delivery. After 3 weeks no trace of delivery. Went to bank and cancelled £10 cheque because I was going to start process again. Next day statements arrived in post. Now claiming compensation from RM.

I think that LTSB are receiving so many recorded letters that poor postie will have to wait many hours for LTSB to sign all and only gets signature for a few.

Thanx again

Regards

Trevor33

Trevor, I got the same letter today. I am also wary about what to do next. I guess it is time for the Letter before action as aluded to. Are they on the site somewhere?

DazYeo

Bit new to this myself, but there is library of letters and forms somewhere.

Regards Trevor

Standard letter....standard waffle....

;)

Time to send the LBA

:rolleyes:

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

Send this one...Hope the link works. If not it is in the templates library x

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-letter-before-action-consumer.html

;)

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

Thax aqua2. will have to wait till tuesday though to record delivery.

Just a thought.

Trevor33

Good Luck Trev

Post Office are open on Saturday

lazybones :D

All opinions expressed by me are my own personal ones........

If in doubt seek Professional Advice

MBNA....... S.A.R....Posted..12/3/07

Delivered..13/3/07..Replied..20/4/07-- Incmplete

Non-compliance letter sent...01/05/07

LTSB........S.A.R. ..Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..20/3/07..Replied..21/4/07--Incoplete

Non-compliance letter sent...07/05/07

AL+LE...... S.A.R... Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..15/3/07..Replied..20/4/07--Complete

I think that LTSB are receiving so many recorded letters that poor postie will have to wait many hours for LTSB to sign all and only gets signature for a few.

this is exactly what happens, although you often cannot get proof of delivery on individual items they are on a list which is signed for with one signiture for the lot.

I would always send by recorded delivery though as anything sent through the normal post will be deemed as not received by the banks....

Preliminary request sent to lloyds 7.3.07

LBA sent to lloyds 21.3.07

N1 form filed at the court 4.4.07

hi everyone just to say like you got a reply from tsb look at my received letter you can look at mine on page 2/ 3 pages from this. i past my first letter into my branch and got the bank manager to sign for it.also got his name received my letter back in days.lba will send by reg post good luck to you all