a hello and a q

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all this is my first post and i have a question.

please don't diss me as i have read a load of posts and can find nowt..lol

coventry building society charge 50p for every transaction on your account if the ballance is under £100.....is this allowed or can i claim it back...along with the £20 charges for the various defisites on my account.

is there a threadf anywhere from other cbs customers ???

thx for your help and i must say this is a very interesting and helpfull site and will no doubt be reading a lot more in here and send a few others this way.

Hi jockyboy, welcome to CAG:)

In all honesty I'm not sure if the 50p charges are reclaimable - they certainly sound unfair, but whether they're unlawful (and thus reclaimable) or not is a different matter. The £20 ones certainly will be. A charge is reclaimable if its a penalty which is imposed becouse you've breached a term of your account agreement - I.e. overdraft excess fee's, DD/SO/Cheque returns, any 'Unauthorised' fee's, etc.

I suggest you start a thread here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/, in the other institutions forum, where you should find a few other CBS customers who may be able to help you.

Best of luck

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.