Can I claim a second time?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help! Successfully claimed back £651 earlier this week but now I have more bank charges!

They charged me £39 for not paying a £9.20 DD and £30 for paying a debit card payment of £22. All in all I went £22 overdrawn for approx 12 hours when I realised I had miscalulated and paid some money in. So for being overdrawn for a few hours for less than £25 I got £69 bank charges :mad:

Have people claimed a second time? I'm not at all happy about this and would have expected a little bit of leniency for a few hours. But I do not want my account being closed either. Looks like another prelim letter is on its way!

Karen :oops:

05/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) posted

07/03/07 Offer made of £457. Rejected. Offer remade of £651, accepted.

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Please don't forget to make a donation!

Hi Katdoc,

You can but you run the risk of them closing down your account.

For such a small amount you could try ringing them and nicely pointing out that you have already won/settled one case and would theyconsider refunding those charges as a gesture of goodwill. It's worth a try!!

Just took your advice at this late hour and they have refunded the full £69, Great. However there is another charge applied tomorrow for £39 so will have to call again but don't hold out much hope. Phew ! Things will finally get back to normal next month with all our debt paid off but until then its these little `poor' weeks that hold us back.

2nd Question.

My final loan payment for my sofa did not go through yesterday and was not represented today (when it would have cleared), just looking at agreement and it says that they will charge me £30 for DD return even if I call them after Easter Break and pay over the phone. If they ask for it, shall I tell them to get stuffed and I'll see them in court, or can comapnies such as Hitachi Capital do this?

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Bump

Anyone know anything about credit agreements with other finacial institutions (Hitachi Capital) and how they stand in court with regards to charges?

Dont think I will ask for my £39 charge back from the bank. They refunded £69 last night so perhaps I am pushing it. What would you do?

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Hi Katdoc

Brilliant about them refunding your £69. I'd leave the £39 for a couple of weeks and then try the same tack again. Not sure about your other question though I'm sure the same principle would apply but I woiuldn't like to advise. Start a new thread about the company and see what comes back but for now I think your going to have to bite the bullett and pay you don't want to get behind in any payments.

Thanks sharmads

Luckily for me I paid the balance in full today including the £32 charge:mad: so no more dealings with them. The loan was interest free so gonna just look at it as a bit of interest! Also will prob ignore the £39 charge with halifax. Have had good luck lately with them so will look to this charge as my last and put it down to a one off fee for all the times I've gone overdrawn etc etc. Extortianate I agree, but just gonna try and enjoy the bank holiday now.:oops:

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!