Lidl Returns Policy - legal?

Tim3906
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My girlfriend bought a bra at Lidl which turned out not to fit. Obviously there is nowhere in the store to try anything on, so she brought it home to try it. She tried to return it the next day where she was told that they do not refund or credit on bras for hygene reasons. She spoke to the manager who confirmed this was the case and also added that 'Marks and Spencer don't allow returns of bras'. We know that this is blatantly untrue as my daughter works for M&S!

Would anyone have any idea of the correct next step to take?

Unless the goods are actually faulty they don't have to refund at all. Even if the clothes do not fit and they do not offer changing rooms. Sorry.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

They have to display a sign stating clearly that underwear cannot be returned unless it is unopened!

Even then I am sure it is only Knickers, Not Bra's!

Try consumer direct, formerly trading standards....they can help with detailed policies, etc....

Hope this helps....

Russ

That doesn't apply in this case, Russ, as retailers are not obliged to return any product unless it is faulty. Personal or intimate items are often excluded from any non-faulty returns policy the company itself has, for obvious reasons, but the company has no legal obligation to return any non-faulty item in any case.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Hi demon,

I was with my fiancee when she also bought a bra from Lidl, she asked upon purchase if she could return it if it didn't fit....they agreed with no hesitation....

I have just spoken to my fiancee an area manager for a major high street clothng retailer and they allow bra's to be tried on in store. The only things not allowed are Knickers, swimwear, earings, etc.

Try writing to Lidl's customer care dept, or head office....

Lidl Refund Policy

Our policy is that any food item purchased from a Lidl store will be automatically exchanged or refunded where a customer is not completely satisfied with the product. Similarly, this policy applies for any Non-Food item purchased that is faulty or damaged.

Any Non-Food item purchased that is found to be “unsuitable” will be refunded in full within 28 days of purchase on condition that it is returned in its original packaging with the receipt.

As per their website....

Lidl Online

Only what I have been told.....being a guy and all I don't often wear bra's.....lol

Take care and good luck....

Russ

It's great that they have a company returns policy - my point is that if they want to refuse a refund on a non-faulty item, then they are well within their rights to do so, as they only have to refund on faulty items. :)

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

actually if they have a sign up stating that they will accept anything to be returned within x days then that forms part of the contract and therefore they will be bound by those terms.

That's right, and unless they say that bras are excluded from this policy anywhere is store you are entitled to a refund! Lettter to HQ deinately best next step ( if you haven't already done it)

A company can be held liable for any claim that it makes, irrespective of where it is. If they state on their website that this is their policy it applies to all stores that are owned or franchised even if the store doesn't display a policy. Now if the store had a different policy up than that stated on the website, that may cause problems.

You can't add terms to a contract after the contract has been made. This would work both ways. Unless the terms are available to view before the contract is entered into, then they cannot then be incorporated into the said contract at a later date.

The OP can possibly claim that they read the terms on the website before they bought the goods, unless there was anything in store to counter this the argument may work.

Technically though you can't add terms to a contract after it's made.

Try Customer Services and see what they say.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.