• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

They can't do this can they?

bs58
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

A couple of months ago I started a debt management plan through Debt Free Helpline. On their instructions I cancelled all direct debits, including one for a Halifax loan. They phoned today asking for payment, which I said I could not make, but offered to make a token payment next payday (2 weeks away), which he was happy with. He then noticed one of my other accounts had enough in to cover the normal monthly payment, and asked for payment out of that account. I explained that money was my Working Tax Credits allowance and I told him I needed that money to pay other commitments, feed family etc. He started getting really 'bolshie' and his reply was "It's there, we're taking it, the transfer is going through" and hung up. I checked my bank when I got home from work, and the money had been taken right enough. Surely this is theft, as I had not given permission for that money to be taken.

I tried phoning Halifax but they were shut, which in hindsight was maybe best, as I was livid to say the least, but I'll be right on the phone tomorrow morning demanding the money is paid back into my account.

Has anyone else been treated this way, and what was the outcome?

Cheers.....Brian

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- Statements received 08/03/07

- First Request sent 12/03/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

- Request for Payment sent 14/05/2007

I maybe wrong but I think they can do this. When i joined a debt management program, I remember reading something from HBOS that said they could take money from any other account to cover payments. Thats why I shifted my wages to a new account with RBOS, so HBOS couldn't get their hands on my cash. You might find this useful though:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/42170-right-appropriation-stop-bank.html

[COLOR=blue][B]Defaultless since 2012 :)[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=green][/COLOR]

This process is known as "off-setting" and appears to be perfectly legal.

However, please check out the right of appropriation link to stop them from taking your tax credits.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for the replies!

I suppose it might still be worth a try phoning them back tomorrow. Anyway I've transferred all my money, and wages are now being paid into another account with a different bank. At least the b*****ds won't be able to do it again next month.

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

Hi I have just finished reading this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/74663-allowed-not.html and I think that from what was said they can't remove money from a current A/C to a loan A/C without your permission. The thread is quite long but it may give you some ammo to fire at them if you do decide to phone them back.

Cheers Maryhillgull

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]They don't like it up 'em Mr Mannering :-o

Abbey Claiming £1241.00

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) requested - 17/02/2007

Prelim sent - 26/03/2007

LBA sent - 13/04/2007

Summary Cause - 22/05/2007

Form 11 - 29/06/2007 (no defence submitted)

Extract of Payment sent 01/08/2007 ALMOST THERE!

*** WON *** Cheque recieved 13/9/2007

Lloyds TSB Claiming £1335.00

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 07/03/2007

Prelim sent - 13/04/2007

LBA sent - 03/05/2007

Extract of Payment sent 01/08/2007 ALMOST THERE

**WON** Cheque received 6/9/2007

Thanks for that......I've had a good read of that thread, and it brings up some intersting points for me to throw at BoS when I phone them, which will probably be Tuesday now because of the Easter Bank Holiday:(

At least with them being shut for a few days I'll be far more composed when I phone, instead of going in yesterday with all guns blazing and getting nowhere.

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

Hi bs58,

Consider yourselve lucky that they only took your money. One Sunday morning I received a call from b.o.s. who wanted payment for my c.c. I told them that on Monday morning I would go into the bank and pay my c.c. but that was not good enough for them. I had £60. in my other account that I had put in to cover a d.d. on the Monday and because I would not let them take the money (because the d.d. would have failed and I would have had another charge of £39.00) so I said no you cannot take the money. This person(right) got really cheeky and said that he was going to close my account and nobody would get my money. What a hassle I had to get that account opened up again. The account was only opened up when I accepted the banks offer for my charges. Even then it took the girl in the bank over an hour to open up the account.

I had a little bit of leverage against the bank because I said that I would not accept they're offer until the account was opened. I also said that I would just continue with my case at court and inform the sheriff of the banks attitude and that I would be looking for damages against the bank.

Obviously the bank did not want to pay me any more so they agreed.

The moral of this story is do not talk to the banks or c.c. on a Sunday morning when the staff are ****ed off having to come into work on a Sunday morning with a hangover.

Eileen

Hi Eileen,

I get really angry when I hear stories like yours....who the hell do they think they are? :mad:

Like you, the jumped up little git who 'phoned me last Thursday had a real attitude problem......but I have plenty of ammunition to fire at them when I call them on Tuesday after the Easter break. I hope they had a really nice wee holiday, cos I'm sure as hell gonna spoil their first day back at work :)

In a way, I'm glad they've been shut over this weekend as it has given me some time to prepare a more measured and informed approach, as opposed to wading in with all guns blazing if I'd managed to phone last Friday.

Brian

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

Hi BS58

I know what you mean they really are pompous little twits. I had one of the call centre staff basically held hostage when I was at work one day (I don't want to say what I work at) and I basically told him that it was because stupid little boys like himself who have never experienced life yet find great pleasure in getting into arguments with people. He told me that the bank that he works for have a dedicated department of people who can take the abuse over the phone from customers because they where the hard ones. I asked him if he was proud of this and he said yes. What a twit. By the time I had finished with him he was glad to leave.

No wonder the banks have staff like him, he has never lived life yet and still stays with his mummy, but god help him the big bad world will eventually come knocking on his door. smug little ######

Eileen.:evil::evil::evil::evil:

yeah I have a friend who currently works in a call centre for an ISP and he says the standard of the staff is shocking as is their attitude. He's actually a minister between positions atm so he's really caring when it comes to customer but he says many of his collegues are students who couldn't care less about anyone but themselves but the older generation seem to actually want to help people.

[COLOR=blue][B]Defaultless since 2012 :)[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=green][/COLOR]

Hi bs58

One thing you might like to consider when you phone is telling them that you are recording the conversation, you are entitled to do this if

a: they tell you they are recording for monitoring purposes. i.e "this call may be recorded ........."

or

b: just tell them you are recording this conversation for your purposes. (they can refuse to speak to you) but then ask them why?

Wether or not you do actually record the conversation they will still be on their toes.

Just an idea

Cheers

Maryhillgull

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]They don't like it up 'em Mr Mannering :-o

Abbey Claiming £1241.00

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) requested - 17/02/2007

Prelim sent - 26/03/2007

LBA sent - 13/04/2007

Extract of Payment sent 01/08/2007 ALMOST THERE!

*** WON *** Cheque recieved 13/9/2007

Lloyds TSB Claiming £1335.00

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 07/03/2007

Prelim sent - 13/04/2007

LBA sent - 03/05/2007

Extract of Payment sent 01/08/2007 ALMOST THERE

**WON** Cheque received 6/9/2007

Hi maryhillgull, Funnily enough I was in the middle of reading a thread which suggested exactly the same as you have, when I got e-mail notification of your reply!! Premonition or what !?! .....and Knoxvillian, I'd agree with you on that one. I've found that the 'older sounding' people do generally tend to have a more helpful, or at least considerate and polite attitude when speaking to them.

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

I may be wrong but somewhere in the back of my mind I heard that banks cannot take benifit money to pay an outstanding c/c.BOS can be bad about their phone calls my son had a call from them on Christmas eve looking for money for his overdraft. I am currently handling a summary case for him and if we go to court I sure will let the world know:mad: Good luck in your endevours

Hi texel, You are correct.....and that is forming the base for my argument (sorry....discussion) with them tomorrow when I 'phone. They are in violation of the Social Security Administration Act (1992) section 187, by unlawfully assigning my FTC payments to cover D/D payments, even after I cancelled the D/D following advice from the debt management company. Should have the money back in my account tomorrow, and if not....it's off to court we go.

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

Hi BS58,

The banks certainly do take your money from your account. I had my name on my brothers account because he does not keep to well and all that goes into that account is his benefits. I got a call from him and he asked me if I had taken money out of his account and I said no, so down to the bank we went and guess what the c.c. had taken out my payment for my c.c. No notice no nothing. I must say the girl in the bank was very good and she eventually had to confince the c.c. people that the only person who took out money from that account was my brother.

Even after she explained that it was only benefits that where paid into that account she still had to basically beg them to give back the payment.

That was when I found out about how it was illegal to take out benefits.

The banks just don't give a monkey's

Eileen

• 2 weeks later...

:D:D SUCCESS:D:D

After a bit of a fight and more than a few phone calls they have finally agreed today to give me my money back!!

Thanks for all your advice and support!!

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

THats great bs58 its the best feeling in the world when you win something with these people. Its great when you can actually win an arguement with them, because we are starting to know our rights because of this site.

Eileen:):):)

Well done eileen, it is amazing just how much you learn isn't it?

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Been reading this thread with some interest. I missed a payment for my Lloyds credit card last month so they went ahead and took it out of my current account instead. All i get paid in the account in Benefit payments, so should I be able to call them and get my money back for that.

Hi elkay115,

Your benefit payments are protected under the Social Security Administration Act (1992) section 187, so yes you are entitled to your money back.

Brian

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

Cheers Seahorse and BS:)

Already phoned them and after half an hours arguing, they are putting the money back into my account. I also told them that from now on they can expect a £1 token payment from me for the next 6 months and that I want them to freeze the interest for the next 6 months also :p