Mackem67 vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mack

accept it as part payment but go for the rest, they're already in a sense admitting liability by offering you a payment. How are they going to defend the rest. Tell them you are going to file for judgement, tell the court when the monet actually goes in you account.

At least you'll have some spending money for your hols :rolleyes:

Owl

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone, it's great to have the support of people on here!!

I will just sit back and wait until the money is in my account then and see if they do actually defend.........they only have 7 days left.

They haven't done anything yet apart from acknowledge the claim at court.

Thanks again

:)

Hi everyone :)

Money in my account this afternoon, so they didn't waste any time.

Right I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now?

Do I sit and wait for 30th and see if they put any defence in for the remaining £334.07 or do I have to do something now?

Hi everyone :)

Money in my account this afternoon, so they didn't waste any time.

Right I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now?

Do I sit and wait for 30th and see if they put any defence in for the remaining £334.07 or do I have to do something now?

Hi Mack,

Exactly the same happened to me today!!

Mine was also short of what I actually claimed by £425 ish. See my thread as SSL has given me some advice in there.

My mcol runs out on 28th, so I am probably going to accept in part payment (once I have found out the breakdown of the money that went in today!) but let them know I will continue for the rest.

I think you have to let the court know too.

Good luck!

Chop

Will definitely donate on payout to help keep this site going - thanks for all the advice!

Hi chop,

Well mine is slightly different scenario as I got letter yesterday informing me what they were going to pay. I rang and said I disagreed with the amount and would continue with the claim for the rest.

They are disputing about 4 entries on my schedule, but they aren't very good at maths their amounts are wrong even if I take these away we get different totals. That may have something to do with the fact that they are paying *approximate* interest!!

Anyway the details are above, I will inform the court of the partial payment then and send a letter accepting part payment.

Any idea which letter is the correct one or do I have to adjust one?

None of them seem to fit properly lol

Hi SSL, I know you said rejection letter no. 6 but that's when the offer is from the solicitors.

My offer letter was from the bank, should I just write a letter saying thanks for partial payment and the claim will continue for rest of money (with better wording tho lol)

Hi chop,

Well mine is slightly different scenario as I got letter yesterday informing me what they were going to pay. I rang and said I disagreed with the amount and would continue with the claim for the rest.

They are disputing about 4 entries on my schedule, but they aren't very good at maths their amounts are wrong even if I take these away we get different totals. That may have something to do with the fact that they are paying *approximate* interest!!

Anyway the details are above, I will inform the court of the partial payment then and send a letter accepting part payment.

Any idea which letter is the correct one or do I have to adjust one?

None of them seem to fit properly lol

Hi Mackem

Have a bash at adapting one to suit your situation, I will be doing mine a bit later too (at least if i find out the breakdown of their payment!).

If you post on here I'm sure someone will come along and read it - maybe PM a mod too check it out as there isn't much time left now before judgment or if they file.

Good luck

Chop

Will definitely donate on payout to help keep this site going - thanks for all the advice!

Thanks chop, yeah I know they only have till Wednesday to file a defence.

Yours is even sooner isn't it?

I have a breakdown so will do as you suggest. Thanks again

The whole thing has my head spinning lol

You can use letter 5 or 6 but just alter it slightly to address it the Halifax.

Just tweak till it fits. ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Mackem,

What letter did you go with in the end?

For me letter 5 fits but it doesn't say anything about accepting the money as a partial payment so see you in court for the rest etc?

Have you informed MCOL?

Cheers

Chop

Hi Natking , thanks!

Did they actually file a defence in your case or just an acknowledgment with the intention to defend the claim?

Hi Chop, I havent had time to mess about with the letters yet, unfortunately my mother is in hospital after suffering a heart atttack on monday so I'm a bit up in the air.

Will try and find time to do it today.

I didn't use MCOL, I filed at my local court, so I'm hoping I can ring them and tell them and follow it up with a letter?

I think letter 5 will be best for me too when i have a bit of a jiggle with it lol.

Hi Mackem, Really sorry to hear about your mother, hope she gets better soon.

i got an acknowledgement of service dated 9th may from the court so they have the 28 days to file a defence or contest it.

After reading your thread, i am now waiting for the post with baited breath every day, i just wish i would hear something soon.

Take care.

Hi Natking, thanks for your thoughts.

She is doing ok just waiting for a bed in a different hospital now to have yet another angiagram!

Hope it all goes ok for you natking, I'm sure it will

Mack

They acknowledged the claim on the 21st...got a letter from the court on the 24th may...they intend to defend so now i'll just wait for them to hopefully pay up. They have until a week on thursday...unless they file a defence in the meantime.

Owl

Oh well at least something happened lol

They intended to defend my claim too but never did.

I'm waiting now for the rest of my money .........see if they defend that

Good luck Owl

Mack

Hi Mack, really sorry to hear about your mum, hope she makes a good recovery. I have had a letter (sounds like the same as yours) offering reimbursement of charges and costs but no interest. Did you ring them?

Not quite sure how to word the letter yet though.

hey scottie thanks for your kind thoughts for my mum.....

I was actually given charges plus approx interest plus costs so mine is a bit different.

Did they say why they hadnt included the 8%?

Hi Scottiepoll, sorry I havent a clue as to what you do next.

Maybe ring thecourt and ask them about it?

Someone on here will surely have an idea though.

Fingers crossed for you