Mackem67 vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chin up Mack,

The hardest bit is the waiting, but think of the reward at the end of it.

I'm a day behind you, filed on the 1st May. Will be keeping a keen eye on your thread - I haven't heard anything yet either - they haven't filed a defence yet.

Hi, it is so frustrated the waiting, :mad: they just love having us dangling from a string.

I have still not heard anything from Halifax (i sent my claim in the friday before yours)

So probably this week i will hear from them.

Look on the bright side as each day passes we are getting closer to our money back. :) :)

Yes your 14 days are from today.

hello

just wondering if anyone knows how long Hal. usually take to cash the 10 SAR fee - sent mine on 23 April and still not cashed

Hi janzer, I got my statements for first account within a week but I wrote to my branch and got them free of charge.

The 2nd account I'm still waiting for after 37 days so it's hard to tell.

They have 40 days so I guess we have to be patient.

Right!! I rang customer services on their 08457203040 number and the lady said " oh there's a head office markeron the account I will put you through."

I'm assuming that's because it's an enquiry only account (been in 29 quid arrears for couple of years now)

Anyway was put through and a nice man answered with "hello you are through to collections"

So they had put me through to the debt department lol

I told him I was only enquiring after my SAR and he replied with " your what?" haha

I explained ......sar, data protection , 40 days nearly up etc etc

He then became even nicer and said "I'll order your statements now for you for the last 5 years"................I asked how long account had been open and he said since July 2002.

Strange that he should either not know what i meant by subject access request...............or is playing dumb?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, still waiting patiently for Halifax to file their defence.

Is there a chance they could have done and I wasn't informed yet?

Anyone think it's worth ringing the court to see if anything has happened?

They have till 30th to file.

I just wish they would put my money in my account lol.!!

Dont worry, you will be informed. But there is no harm to check your account now and again...;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Mack

They have until Thursday this week to file an acknowledgement but as yet I've heard nothing either. I keep checking the old bank account...I can feel it in my water...there's going to be movement this week...if not I'm gonna look in sea side lady's crystal ball :D

Owl

help please!!

Just got letter from Halifax saying on a commercial basis blah blah blah.........anyway they are offering me £1784 in respect of charges (my statements came to £2008) £648.07 in respect of *approximate* interest!

plus court cost £120.

They will however defend the remaining £334.07 unless I can provide evidence???

They contradict themselves!

Any ideas what to do ?

I would really like the rest but actually really need the money now....so tempting

BTW they say the money will be in our account within 5 working days, there is no form to sign.

Help!!

How did you work out the interst, is it the 8%.

If it was done with the spread sheets, then they have the evidence.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

yes it was only the 8%. The amount of charges was £2008.62 without any interest.

I used the spreadsheets yes.

The letter (I just noticed this) says please see attached schedule for ease of reference........there isnt anything with the letter!!

You could ring them about the added schedule.

As for their letter, you can accept as part payment.

You should now be recieving all your claim, your court fee, the court costs, your SAR Fee.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Letter 6

F&Q's... Read here

They didn't take the £10 SAR fee so that's not an issue.

I just don't understand how they can say *on a commercial basis* about defending my claim then next paragraph say *we will file a defence for £xxx*

It doesn't make sense

Thanks SSL

xx

I rang and spoke to Gunita Benjamin on 01422326496.

She says the difference is because Im only allowed to claim back 6 years from the date of the Claim being served ie 2nd May!!

I argued the point as it is from when i was made aware of the unlawful nature of the charges imposed.

She dissagreed and said to what I wanted to do but they WILL DEFEND the £334.07

I also said I was aware of people claiming back well over 6 years successfully too.

I worked out the difference from when I sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to their dates and it is 280.69........I know its not much to some but it is to me..........

My SAR was sent 21st March 07 and the first charge on the statements they sent me was from 31/12/00 so she is arguing over 2 months!!

Dont know what Im supposed to do to get the rest of the money (£334)

but am I correct in saying I should ring the court and inform them of the offer??

CHeers for any help

MAckem67

Hi mack

I think if it was me I would accept offer as part payment but let them know you will go after the rest.Stick to your guns and it doesnt matter how much it is for its still your money and you want it ALL back.

As for letting the courts know, I dont know what is right or wrong but if you do decide to let them know and it does go to court then this will look favourable on your part,( I think);)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad: