Mackem67 vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.....newish here

Sent SAR 21st March

Rec'd acknowledgment 23rd March

Rec'd Statements 30 th March

Sent Prelim 1st April

Rec'd standard we have 8 weeks blah blah today ....It's not 14 days since they would have only received the prelim on tuesday.

Do I send an LBA now or wait till the 14 days are up on Tuesday?

With it being Easter they won't get it till then anyway probably?

Thanks for any help :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I have lost the ability to count lol.

Ignore my timescale upto now.

Ok sent LBA yesterday and checked on Royal mail today, it says there that it was delivered today from their Halifax office.

Does that mean I now wait 14 days from today's date?

help please :)

Yes your 14 days are from today.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

No problem, there is always a lot of help on here.

It is always worth having a read up on the court procedures so you are prepared.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

yes I will, I read lots every day to try and prepare myself.

My head aches a lot too though lol.

Some of it looks way too complicated.

Also I am not able to use MCOL as they do not accept electron cards and that is all I have. :(

IS it just as easy to go to court in person to file?

I always use N1, and file at court. It is more conveniant for me. But i also prefer it.

The form is very easy to fill in.

This is the N1 form...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/844-n1-claims-form-pdf.html

And this is the poc...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

If you have any worries just shout.

The handy thing about doing it this way, is you take 3 copies of everything in, and the courts do it all for you, and they normaly double check your forms. ;)

• Haha 2

F&Q's... Read here

Thankyou, Clicked right back....:D

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

I don't think that it would hurt to give them a ring although you have proof of delivery. You may get fobbed off with the 8 weeks timescale thing they are pushing at the mo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Try this number. It is the Leeds number 01977 627451, I don't think that it is open at the weekend though. Or you could try 08457 253519.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Try this number. It is the Leeds number 01977 627451, I don't think that it is open at the weekend though. Or you could try 08457 253519.

Not that this makes much difference but just so you know....It is actually a Castleford or pontefract number which is around 12 miles out of Leeds.

thanks natking, I havent actually rang the bank yet, may do it tomorrow as I'm due to file N1 on Thursday..............

I don't know what to say if I ring then I think thats why I have out it off, if they start with all the legal garb I'll be stumped.

There was a thread on here with the right words and I cant find it lol

Hi Natking,

No not yet, I have to use N1 and have had a bit of trouble getting the forms to print correctly.

Got it done now though (just) so will have to wait till Monday lunchtime I'm afraid.:(

Haven't heard a word from the Halifax since their standard "we have 8 weeks" rubbish, have you had anything from them?

I only received one of those letters then nothing at all.

I'm starting with 2 other accounts and my sons account lol

I will go to court on Monday and file N1

Cheers good luck to you too ( hope we dont need it)