Putting my claim together

Andydarlo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First, can I thank everyone who's worked to put all this information together, it's a real goldmine of a resource and you are all stars!

I'm just putting everything together at the moment, and am completing the spreadsheet of charges. I know I can claim for unpaid DD/SO/CHQ and for items that have been paid while overdrawn, but can I also claim for the monthly unathorised overdraft fee itself?

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks in advance!

can I also claim for the monthly unathorised overdraft fee itself?!

Hi welcome. I did. With HSBC. Got it back no quibble. Probably because they don't even pay that much attention to the calculation - bit like when they don't look at the signature on cheques below £5K...

I can't recall seeing any direct reference to recovering this monthly fee but I am sure there are threads out there.. IMHO I would be more than confident contending this charge should the matter reach litigation.. it is equally unlawful and punitive in nature as the others... what does that £18 or £20 charge actually reflect?!? Additional admin costs. No already proven.

Indeed it is almost tantamount to "Double recovery" as referred to in the original OFT report - the bank is recovering money for services both through a charge and interest applied to the account (you were probably paying a higher APR on the unauthorised amount anyway) therefore the bank is receiving double benefit for your "breach of contract". This the OFT hinted, was absolutely the lowest of the low behaviour...

So ya. Claim away my friend.

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

First, can I thank everyone who's worked to put all this information together, it's a real goldmine of a resource and you are all stars!

I'm just putting everything together at the moment, and am completing the spreadsheet of charges. I know I can claim for unpaid DD/SO/CHQ and for items that have been paid while overdrawn, but can I also claim for the monthly unathorised overdraft fee itself?

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks in advance!

You can claim back the unauthorised fee if it's a penalty and it almost certainly is. You can't claim a fee charged for an authorised o/s as it's for a service.

You can claim back the unauthorised fee if it's a penalty and it almost certainly is. You can't claim a fee charged for an authorised o/s as it's for a service.

semi semi.. I knew I was looking for a one-sentencer.. I'm too tired to focus!

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Thanks for the confirmation :)

Have done the statements from 05/2001 to 12/2005 and we have a total of £2162.43 so far. Just a few more to add on and I'll be getting somewhere :)

Never before has data entry on to a spreadsheet given me so much joy!

Thank you all again x x x x x x

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks