Jump to content

Shaun v Woolwich in scotland


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

hi all


New to this. Have already posted this in existing thread and was told to start my own thread. Hope I have posted in the correct place this time.


I am dealing with my husband's claim against the Woolwich(now Barclays). I sent orig letter claiming £2850 inc interest. Have received a letter back from them offering £1900 as a "goodwill gesture". As I live in Scotland I cannot go thru the small claims court for this amount. From reading other threads it would seem to me I have 2 options

1.. fos. Has anyone had any success with them? Is a claim less likely to succeed with them and will it take longer than a court claim?

2.. The account was opened while my husband lived in England and he still has relatives there whose adress he could use. I work in England so am there quite regularly. If we chose to go thru small claims how often would we need to go to court, and would I be able to represent him?


All of the above seemed relevant in the thread I was on, but someone posted to tell me to start my own thread so I hope someone else who reads this here will be able to offer me some advice. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Katie. I doubt you could accept the goodwill gesture and and then advise them you were going for the rest. By it's very nature a goodwill gesture , if you accept it, means full and final payment, without the bank losing face. I would strongly advise against it unless you are happy to, possibly, lose the balance.

Gimee! Gimee! Gimee! ma cash after midnight!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi katie,


I personally have never claimed in England but from reading the different sites on this forum I would file my claim in England especially as you have family down there and an address that you could claim from. If you did this you could do one claim only and receive all you interest as well. You seem to be under the £5,000 small claims. I am only giving you this advice because I think that is what I would do considering the hassle up here in Scotland concerning multiple claims. I hope that this might be a little bit helpfull to you. Good luck whatever way you decide to go.lol


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...