Is your court dispensing with the Allocation Questionnaire?

Bookworm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wolverhampton seem to have dispensed with AQ - but have nothing on letter telling me what to do next. Lloyds seem stubborn.

Yes, they are.

Portsmouth didpensed with AQ and then eventually (after about a month) wrote to invite me to a "prelimimnary hearing" because "to enable disposal because there is no real prospect of success by the defendant" (Lloyds).

:o

Hi Guys this is my first post so if iam going over previous questions sorry

Got the first letter today from northampton court transferring to hastings it also says that the filling of an allocation questionnaire be despensed with... so do i now pay the fee to hastings as my claim is for £3200.00 ...? and also send my first nudge letter to lloyds...? do i send a copy or all nudge letters to the court aswell or keep for my bundle....? shall i start to get my bundle together ie downloading reccommended documents ....? The defence has been made in 9 points is this the standard defence if not would a copy be of any use to to site...?

sorry for all the questions Cheers Graham

PS lloyds have been charging me £30.00 ago in my private acc (which i am claiming for) but only £15.00 on my business as penalties does this not show inconsistency with there charges...?

Hi Guys this is my first post so if iam going over previous questions sorry

Got the first letter today from northampton court transferring to hastings it also says that the filling of an allocation questionnaire be despensed with... so do i now pay the fee to hastings as my claim is for £3200.00 ...? and also send my first nudge letter to lloyds...? do i send a copy or all nudge letters to the court aswell or keep for my bundle....? shall i start to get my bundle together ie downloading reccommended documents ....? The defence has been made in 9 points is this the standard defence if not would a copy be of any use to to site...?

sorry for all the questions Cheers Graham

PS lloyds have been charging me £30.00 ago in my private acc (which i am claiming for) but only £15.00 on my business as penalties does this not show inconsistency with there charges...?

Salford County Court have not dispensed with the AQ. Received mine today.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi,

My claim has gone to Liverpool County Court and allocated without an AQ to the Small Claims Track.

Today I received notification of the hearing date and directions from the judge. I have also been informed the hearing is only expected to last 10 minutes.

Should I take this as a positive indication that it's such a short session? I assume the judge thinks the bank will settle before this date. Problem I have is the bank has offered a settlement offer of just over £3k on a claim worth £4.1k (plus costs). Would I be wise to accept this or continue with court action? Would it be frowned upon by the court if I have declined or tried to "part accept" this amount but then continued with the claim?

I have included the Judge's directions below. I don't even know if I am to send the requested information to the bank's solicitors. If I do continue I am concerned I haven't got together my court bundle yet.

District Judge J****** has considered the statements of case and allocation questionnaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track.

1. The Claimant do within 21 days of the date of this Order, serve a schedule setting out the amount of the individual charges, the dates they were applied to the account and the reasons given for such charges.

The POC needed amending with a breakdown of charges and an actual claim amount, do I now need NOT worry about amending the POC or should I do this as well as conform with the Judge's directions? Do I send a copy to the bank and their solicitor? I'm concerned about the POC as I didn't stick faithfully to the template in the forums and it states I am claiming "illegal bank penalty charges" - could this wording be enough to get the bank's solicitors to have the case struck off???

2. The hearing of the claim will take place at 14:00 on the 7 August 2007 at Liverpool County Court [court address] and should take no longer than 10 minutes.

Any feelings/ideas on this? No longer than 10 mins??? Does this sound like a good aspect to the case (i.e. surely the bank can not adequately defend itself in this short a time?)? OR could this be an indication the courts are getting fed up with claims like this and end up throwing it out in favour of the bank? Such a short anticipated hearing time both elates and worries me.

In order to utilise judicial time more effectively this matter has been listed with a number of similar cases.

Er, hello! Is this good or bad? Could it be a sign the Judge is likely to judge in favour of the claimants or the banks? They seem to be rushing them through now which does give me some cause for concern.

ANY THOUGHTS?!???!!

Salford County Court have not dispensed with the AQ. Received mine today.

well they didnt send me one

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

well they didnt send me one

Hmph! I must have 'one of them' faces! Which bank are you claiming from?

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

PMSL............ Looks like it's a lucky dip doesn't it!!!! I'm claiming from nutty west!

Good luck mazza! xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT EVEN IF THE AQ IS DISPENSED WITH, THE AQ FEE OF £100 (IF CLAIM OVER £1500) IS STILL PAYABLE (AND RECLAIMABLE FROM THE BANK).

The fee is payable within 14 days after the despatch of the notice of allocation to track (County Courts Fees Order 1999 Schedule 1).

Is this still the case regarding the £100?! I Received a Notice of Allocation which also had the AQ crossed out but it never mentioned sending a £100 fee

Yes.

However, some courts haven't asked for it, so you'd better call your court and ask. If you don't, and the fee was payable, your claim could get struck off. Don't take the chance, phone them and find out.

Hi Bookworm

My case has been t/ferred and AQ dispensed with. It went to the DJ in May, nothing heard since, so rang CC they basically said do not worry about sending anything until asked for by DJ and just wait to hear from him in any case. Do you think I should do this, or move forward by following this thread? I really want to get things moving if I can but don't want to upset the DJ or the court, please can you help?

Also I already had statements for the last 4 years which was when I got first charges levied (not bad considering had the account for about 12 years). So I did not send a SAR, which I assume will not be to my detriment? You said to include the bank notification letters from different occasions when they levied a charge, I have not kept any, does this matter?

Sorry for so many questions and hope you don't mind answering them if you can.

Thanks very much

Simon

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

Salford have sent my Notice of Transfer which has a section on it regarding a AQ crossed out. I assume this now means that the AQ isn't required and I should sent the letters out

Crikey........... am I the only claimant in Salford being sent an AQ? Someone up there doesn't like me methinks!!!

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

If you didn't have an AQ you wouldn't be able to fill in section G ;)

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Trust you to go making sense Steven!!!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hi - it seems Bedford (reallocated from Northampton) have also dispensed with the AQ as I had a letter a few weeks ago. No mention of fee so will call court today to check.

However I have had a "Notice of Allocation or Listed Hearing" saying:

District Judge etc has considered the statements of case submitted in this claim and has decided that a hearing is necessary before a final decision about allocation can be made.

Reasons for hearing are as follows:

The Court needs to identify whether this particular case is suitable for hearing as a Fast Track.

District Judge etc orders you to attend at etc with directions.

There is an HMCS letter attached saying:

Dear Sir/Madam,

The Court has identified a number of cases which all raise the same issue and defence. In an effort to manage them appropriately the Court has listed the cases for consideration of allocation to track or in some cases reallocation. The Court has endeavoured to list cases involving the same lending institution at the same time in the hope that only one representative need attend.

Yours faithfully etc from the Listing Officer

Any thoughts, tips, and what am I supposed to take along aside from my notes, claim and copy of all correspondence of course?

Thanks in advance for any help - am in on 2nd July!! :eek:

x Debs :)

Hi all

I would really appreciate some guidance.

On 15th June i received a Notice of Transfer Of Proceedings from Northampton to Derby. Attched to this was the original defence entered by Natwest and Cobbits, also there was attached a document saying:

Without hearing

It is ordered that

1 The filing of an allocation Questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise.

Note: Any party affected by this order may rule under rule 3.3(5) apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed. Such a party must apply under rule 23.3 within 14 days of service of this order.

There were no other documents attached.

Have i been given an allocation questionnaire?

Is this good or bad?

Can the banks move to get it struck out?

Do i have to do anything?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

for some reason, everytime someone adds to this thread, i am getting an email saying that someone has replyed to my thread!!!

How strange!

Coz its not my thread - ha ha ha ha

You get the email if you are subscribed to a thread (it will have a tick in the threads window). The default setting of the board is to subscribe you to any thread you have replied to.