court costs?

einyuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i'm about to file my claim for £4494 +interest £1136 which makes £5630 so will my court cost be £120 or £250 ? i thought claims under £5000 without interest added on was £120, not sure which is which now:confused:

thanks

Dave

i think if i remember right from my claim i had to pay £250 itgoeson the total inc interest

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

As Angela1606 says, £250 is correct. You should get it back anyway.

Although not a hard and fast rule, interest is excluded when considering whether to allocate to the small or fast track.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

hi

thanks alot 2 the both of you, when i filled out me n1 form and in the total claim box at the bottom it got me wondering.

so mind at rest..............i shall carryon.

Thanks

hi

one more question...........abbey refunded me £448 in misc refund fees so i've took this off my total charges claim..............now.....have i got to update me interest calculations? and have i got to take these refunded fees off my detailed charges list which i've sent them (the most recent charges?)?

Thanks

As you say just deduct off the most recent charges and that has the least effect on your interest claim total.

Show your working though, otherwise the sum may inadvertently get deducted when the matter is settled.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 4 weeks later...

update.

being a while since...........anyhow

filed n1 on 10th april.......deemed as served on 18th........defendant has until 2nd may

received notice that acknowledgement of service has been filed on 18th.....damm quick that!

my original claim was for £5587 which formed the basis of my 1st letter that i fired off to abbey.

then the second letter i added the interest @ £1289 which brought my claim at £6876..........i then tried a different tact which was to reduce each charge by £2.50 which brought my claim down to £4942 and interest @ £1136 total £6078

then had to reduce claim by £440 as had a gogw paid into account which then maid that £4542 then interest @£1105 total £5647

so then on the 24th i fired off a letter as below

I refer to default charges applied to my account amounting £4542, which I have requested you pay back.

I wrote to you on 21/02/07], making the original request for a payment of £5587 in settlement of my claim. I’m a little disappointed that I have had to issue court proceedings seen that I could have claimed back the full amount of £5587 but no, I adjusted my claim reasoning that some form of charge should be applied due to costs ect ect.

My claim of £4542 still applies, interest is mounting daily and is currently £1141.09 and court costs so far is now £250.

You could reduce your further costs by settling my claim without prejudice for £5900.00

E.g. allocation questionnaire £100, preparing court bundle will add further costs of in the region of £200, stationary and postage £30 and rising

TOTAL SUM £6263.09

I look forward for a full response to this letter

Yours faithfully,

only today got letter from inga "should you wish to consider a more commercially palatble off, Shabbey will be more than willing to consider the same".........WHAT SHE ON:-x ..........could have gone for the full whack an got me £5900 anyhow!.........so will hold out for nothin less than the full amount claimin.......question....when i filed at court i submitted 3 copies of the n1 should i have received 1 back by now or is it when they defend the claim?

Thx

Guest Mumofthreeboys

It's added to your settlement figure, you don't need to send a letter to reclaim it.