moorcroft re littlewoods extra catalogue debt

meg&mog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all i have moorcroft debt collection chasing me for a littlewoods extra catalogue debt the credit limit was £450 however moorcroft are chasing me for £734.42 would i be able to ask the charges to be removed and send a cca? i had a letter off these this morning saying i had defaulted on my agreement of £10 per month (there is a cheque they have waiting to be cashed) i rang them(i know i should,nt i was angry:mad: ) and they told me the default was for febuarys payment:confused: i told her why write to me april 3rd why not march 3rd of course they could,nt answer anyway was wondering if i could cca them? thanks everyone

Funny enough I have just got off the phone to NDR - Littlewoods. They are denying receiving my CCA but they put the £1.00 towards the debt. I sent my CCA on 3rd March so they have already defaulted. Send a CCA to Moorcrofts and say the payment is not to be used against the account. Send Recorded Delivery with £1.00 p.o/cheque.

Funny enough I have just got off the phone to NDR - Littlewoods. They are denying receiving my CCA but they put the £1.00 towards the debt. I sent my CCA on 3rd March so they have already defaulted. Send a CCA to Moorcrofts and say the payment is not to be used against the account. Send Recorded Delivery with £1.00 p.o/cheque.

If they are saying there was no correspondance in the envolope, other than the £1.00 cheque/postal order, how did they know whos account to credit?

If they've taken the £1, and you have copies of all correspondence, including the Signed For REC/DEL bit, they have a CCA request to respond to! It's as simple as that. It doesn't even matter what they've done with the £1 !

The important bit here is........... Keep copies of everything!

They've signed for it, so after that they've got 12 days after the day they signed for it to comply! That's when they are in default.... After a calendar month in default it's an offence on their part for not supplying!

The bottom line is... If they can't provide or don't have a copy of the original agreement... That's it! Game over, for them! They must have this to present to a court!

Good luck, regards, Dave.

Hi guys,

There is a small legal loophole regarding catalogue debts.

If you didn't sign a credit agreement with them they won't have the evidence therefore you cannot be held liable for the debt.

The debt collector must prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that you signed a credit agreement and that you signed for the goods.

If the goods were just handed to you or left on your doorstep they have no evidence that you received the goods.

I know this is naughty but it is legal fact and is available on the Consumer Credit Counselling Uk website.

Kathx

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

had a reply off these today regarding my cca request they want to know what i am going to say in court ie:

please comfirm wether for example when making a statement of truth in connection with any court proceedings,you will be giving evidence as to wether or not you did not recieve the goods/credit ordered

i am sure ive read on here someone getting a similar response from them i cant find it though

i am not contacting them anyway :)

yeah ignore them. Until you have a copy of that agreement they are totalyl and absolutly powerless. They are likely just threatening you. Do not respond, sit tight and wait for that month to pass! If you dont get it your laughing :)

DCA Theats: Jystmystry V's Wescot - I Win (link)

Default Removal: Jystmystry V's NatWest - In Progress (link)

General Debt - Jysmystry v's Optical Express (link)

You can run but you'll just die tired

I have just sent Moorcroft a CCA for an old Ntl account, they keep sending me letters asking for payment, yet Ntl (now virgin media) are still sending me monthly bills!!!

Surely if this has been passed to Moorcroft, then Ntl would have stopped sending me bills for this old account

hi all

update!! i have recieved a cca this morning from moorcroft i am not really bothered because i am quite willing to pay but only what i owe not their stupid charges

anyway i am s.a.r "ing" littlewoods today so i can claim the charges back i have been paying moorcroft anyway so i will carry on as normal

ill keep you informed as to how much my balance drops when i claim these charges back :D

Littlewoods and Kays are writing off loads of debts at the moment because they haven't got customer's to sign agreements. The only time that get agreements signed is when you extend credit to 104 weeks. Littlewoods have defaulted on my request for a CCA. I think because they are now having so many requests for agreements that have started to send these unsigned ones out hoping people won't notice.

hi guys

thanks for all the replys but this is legit it has my signature on it and theres apr,s when to pay about getting a statement every 28 days

like i said i don,t mind paying for what i had just not the charges

thanks all ill keep you posted:)