No reply to prelim - any point in LBA?

krabople

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I sent off my preliminary request letter to Lloyds a while back and haven't had a reply. Is there any point in me sending a letter before action? It says in the first letter that if they don't reply within fourteen days I may take court action. Surely I'm well within my legal rights to go ahead and start my claim without sending an LBA?

(Apologies if I'm wrong my legal knowledge isn't great)

Hi,

Yes, send the LBA. The reason you sent the first letter was to set a deadline to continue to the next phase, so to speak. The LBA is the next step, with another deadline. Gives them all the chance in the world to reply. Make sure all correspondence is sent recorded delivery. Did you send to the correct address? From what I can gather from all this is not be too impatient, but follow these guidelines......

Hi,

Yes, send the LBA. The reason you sent the first letter was to set a deadline to continue to the next phase, so to speak. The LBA is the next step, with another deadline. Gives them all the chance in the world to reply. Make sure all correspondence is sent recorded delivery. Did you send to the correct address? From what I can gather from all this is not be too impatient, but follow these guidelines......

In the eyes of the court just 'proof of posting' is fine.

Why add more expense to your claim

If it went to a LLoyds address they will forward to the relevant dept.

The times are to show to a judge (if it went to court) that you had given the bank reasonable time to respond to your request.

And welcome to the site

PAul

Thanks all of you for your help. I have sent it to the correct address (I won a claim against them previously and they replied to my letters). I was just trying to speed up the process. However, from what you say I think it is probably better if I do send the LBA.