Jump to content


Lee VS Halifax


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

First of all i would like to say hello to everyone! i have been looking at this site for a few weeks and it has spurred me on to claim as follows.

 

I have sent in my first letter claiming back both charges and interest as follows.

 

£618 plus £228.35 interest = £846.35

 

£1772 Plus 658.31 interest = £2430.31

 

Total = £3276.66

 

I got the standard letter about they have 8 weeks, but on the 15th day submitted my LBA.

Today i arrive home to find 2 offers the first offer is for a final settlement of £620 and the other account offer is for £1442.

 

Total = £2062

 

This is considerably less than what i am claiming, a shortfall of:

£1214.66

 

I have tried phoning Roger Moore (007) but have found him busy on all occasions.

 

Is there any advice for me or am i asking too much now i have had my offer?

 

Thanks to all who have posted it has made interesting reading.

 

Lee

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just spoke to Roger More and he has upped the offer as follows:

 

£1442 is now £1802

 

£620 is now £690

 

He also told me that if i want the full amount plus interest this is as high as he can go, he told me to go through the small claims court to get the full amount.

 

Am i being unreasonable? as at the end of the day this is my money.

 

Any comments would be nice.

 

Lee

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it contractual interest you are claiming?

The choice really is yours - to accept the current offer on the table and close the claim, or to go for a small claims for all you have asked for, with maybe the alternative that if they are stalling on the contractual then you could fall back to the 8% statutory interest the courts would award.

There is no right or wrong - just what is good for you.

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

Link to post
Share on other sites

didge is right

 

it is entirely up to you but i just don't believe that its as high as they will go

 

you are talking about giving up on nearly £800

 

IMHO.....if you can afford to i would hang on

 

good luck

 

sod

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies.

 

Having read some more threads and listening to your replies i think i will hold out for the full amount.

 

Just one more thing, if i tell them i'm holding out for court action will i lose the offer already made?

 

Cheers

 

Lee

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again,

 

read more threads and it looks like i should tell the Halifax i will except the offer on the table as a partial payment.

 

This payment covers the actual charges but not the approx £800 interest calculated at 8% from the date of each charge dating back to May 2001.

 

Would i still be able to file for court action just for the interst not paid.

 

Thanks

 

Lee

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could anyone please answer the above question?

 

Could you still take court action just for the 8% interest back after you accept a partial settlement that has covered the actual charges?

 

please reply

 

Lee

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again,

 

Thanks for the advice but have decided to settle on both accounts for what they have offered me above.

 

I'm now looking at i'm approx £2500 better off rather than nearly £800 down.

 

 

Thanks for the advice and i will make a donation when deposited in my account.

 

P.S The wife is claiming £2100 as well so we're quite happy to settle for no interest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they offered you the FULL amount you actually claimed for, then that is great.

You are not down £800 as it didnt reach court stage, YOU WON..!!

 

If you took it all the way to court how would you explain they offered what you asked for and you said no.......:confused:

 

You have done the right thing.

 

CONGRATULATIONS...!!!!!

 

Hope you get the next claim settled soon.

Soon a mod will change your title to won...!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

 

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

 

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...