MBNA refusing to give me CC HELP!!

Dmac
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I've just claimed all my unfair charges back against Virgin MBNA but now there refusing to issue me with a new credit card, is there anything i can do about this?

thanks

• 3 months later...

My understanding is that they are not allowed to penalise you for claiming back what is rightfully yours. I think I have read in a thread on this forum that the FOS awarded compensation to a bank customer who has had his account closed as it was found that this was a direct retaliation to the claiming back of charges. Ring the FOS, I have spoken to them, they are really helpful, they are unable to give legal advice, but will direct you as to where to go for help.

I have also read that people have taken injunctions out to stop there bank closing the account, I know this is not cc, but the FOS has now laid down a schedule of charges for cc companies so presumably if you did have a new card any new charges would be under this schedule therefore you would be agreeing to them?? This is the reason they are using for closing bank accounts - that you do not agree to their t & cs therefore they are no longer able to accept your custom.

NOt sure if this helps, but hope so. I cannot believe the underhanded tactics being used by the banks - to think that we all trusted them to deal legally until this all came to light!!! What a joke.