What nice people at LloydsTSB - Cheque for £23

IrishRover

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

I had a Lloyds Added value current account that I had with them this was closed in August 2003 and moved to First Direct.

I then received the following letter and a cheque for £23.63

We have been looking back at the Added Value current account you used to have with us and realise that we owe you an apology and a refund. The purpose of this letter is to explain what has happened and what we are doing to put it right.

The letter mentions that the account that I had entitled me to an interest-fee zone within your overdraft. Through a process review we have identified that we did not set this up for you, so you have paid interest and charges you should not have. To put things right for you we are a making a refund of interest and charges. Please find enclosed you refund cheque for £23..

To work out your refund we've gone back through our system records for your account dating back to March 2002. This includes 5.39% interest(annually) from the day the charge went into your account, up to the 18th April 2007.

If you believe we may have charged you when you were within your interest-free zone between February 2001 and February 2002 please give us a call on xxxxxxx.

The breakdown of charges are

Overdraft Excess Fee £20

Interest £3.63

I must admit I have not looked through my LloydsTSB statements as I always had a overdraft facitlity with them and I didn't think I had occured any charges. I will have a closer look this evening to make sure there is nothing else.

I knew I had occured charges from First Direct which I am claiming but I had not even written to Lloyds and they have sent me a cheque for the overdraft fee and interest.

What are peoples thoughts on this, has anyone experienced something similiar.

A bank giving money back without having to be asked-very strange!

I would do as you say and check to see if you have been charged anything else along with seeing if the money they have refunded to you is correct.

But remember the saying 'Never look a gift horse in the mouth'

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Interesting....

I check my old LloydsTSB statements for the period between April 2001 and when I closed my account in August 2003.

I have noticed I have other overdraft fees totally over £100 in addition.

So I will be writing to LloydsTSB to say many thanks for the the cheque for £23 which was for 1 overdraft charge(£20) + interest. However I would like to be refunded the other 5 overdraft charges(£100) + interest that you have failed to refund me.

I can't see they have much of a leg to stand on as they have already admitted they were in the wrong by giving me a partial refund.