Bathgatebuyer v Halifax Visa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After having secured the safe return of my £3,800 of hard earned cash, I've now started to take on the Halifax over my credit card.

Sent off a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on 27th Feb 07 via Recorded Delivery, and received a very confusing response today which said, "We've answered this already.............here's a copy of the letter....................." and it related to my current account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) from back in October :rolleyes: (And to think I used to trust them with my banking).

Having checked back over my SAR, I state quite clearly that it relates to my Visa card and quote the visa card number on it too.

All barring a miracle, I don't think I'm going to get a response within the timeframe for the visa SAR.

Let's see what next week brings!

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Oh, a holding letter arrived from them saying that statements would arrive by seperate cover. Here's hoping. I've paid off the majority of this card, but have left the portion that I believe I'm due and hope to use this to close the card off. What a joy that will be - I lived off it when I was unemployed so it has my mortgage and everything on it for months so it was a BIG card!

Very cheeky of them if they didn't include the credit card info in your first SAR. Are you going to complain to the ICO if it appears with this request?

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Still nothing in response to my DPA other than the holding letter - if they're true to form, someone else is probably reading them right now thinking they belong to them!

Now preparing a 'didn't comply with the DPA' letter.

Ach they only went and responded! Anyhow, the sum to be claimed is about £550, but I'm also going to tackle them on the PPI issue too.

• 3 weeks later...

Now sent off my Preliminary letter - I pointed out on it that we've been through this whole rigmaroll before and that they should just pay up and save everyone's time.

£550 would do nicely too.

• 2 weeks later...

Now sent off the Letter Before Action as the preliminary letter received only a holding response from the Halifax.

Let's see what happens now! They also have not responded to my CCA request and the clock is ticking on that.

Offer came in just a day after their holding response offering £245 to settle which is just under half of what is due.

Had it been a little more I may have went for an easy settlement, but think I'll push this one a little bit further!

• 2 weeks later...

Offered them a without prejudice chance to settle out of court for £460 on condition that they accepted by Friday 8th June. They didn't. Oh well, will wait and see what the post brings today, but if it's not their agreement, it's off to court we go!

Interestingly on this one, they've also failed to respond to my CCA request within the necessary timescale, so will also have to send the appropriate letters to the relevant authorities over this. Royal Bank have also done the same as I sent both CCA requests on the same day. Frightening that my mortgage used to be with these guys - wonder what other pieces of essential paperwork they fail to look after.

• 1 month later...

They've agreed to settle! Woo hoo. halifax appear to be under my spell in respect of the bank charges. Now here's hoping they can pull their finger out over the CCA stuff.

As they've failed to suppply me with a copy of the CCA, should I ask for the reclaimed charges as cash and continue to press them under the CCA issue?