Jump to content

Help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


I really need some urgent help. back in February I received 18 months of refunded charges. but have recently found that the previous 4 and a half years accounts for nearly 5K of charges. I have written to the bank requesting that they repay these charges, and have just had a letter from a Mr M Davenport saying that as they have already paid once they can't pay again. my question is this since i am still within the 6 year time frame and did not agree to making no more claims where do i stand? someone please help as there is ony a couple of days left on the timescale i gave the bank in the LBA.


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to request your full six years statements. The refund they offered you should not stop you requesting the full statement of your account.


Use the SAR letter in the library if you have not done so already. Make sure you insist on your full data as requested in the SAR letter. When you receive the statements, you can then calculate all the charges by yourself.


Letter Templates





Good luck

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have requested the data, and that is where I came up with the further 5K that I had not requested earlier. only after calculating it fully did I write back to the bank and got no reply. after 2 weeks I submited my LBA and now after 1 and a half weeks I get a letter saying that because they have paid out an amount for 18 months of the 6 years they don't have to pay the rest. I just need to know if that is correct


Link to post
Share on other sites

Write back to the bank with the full compiled list of your claim and deduct the amount they have refunded so far from the total. Show the deduction in your spreadsheet and the outstanding balance.


In your letter, request refund of balance within 14 days (Letter Before Action - LBA) and stick to your timescale. If they refuse to refund after 14 days, its court.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...