Bailiffs visit Halifax!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this has been psoted today yet....

Normally it's the big banks that employ debt collectors, but on Wednesday the Halifax was itself on the receiving end in the latest stand-off over excessive penalty charges.

Bailiffs paid a visit to the firm's West Yorkshire headquarters carrying a court order for the repayment of £1,900 to two customers ruled to have been unfairly penalised for exceeding their overdraft limit.

Unless the dispute is resolved, the bailiffs can seize computers, chairs and other office equipment.

Paula and Darren Share, from Clifton, Lancashire, claimed a total of £4,900 from the Halifax, £3,000 of which has already been paid.

The remaining amount is disputed by the bank but as it failed to defend its claim before a county court judge, it was automatically ordered to pay in full.

Mrs Share, 39, said: "The charges are horrendous, ludicrous. Going into overdraft once for a few pounds can trigger a snowball effect leading to charges of £90 each time it happens."

The Halifax, which made profits of £5.7billion last year, claimed the court order had been rescinded, although this was denied by the bailiffs.

Ooooo interesting!

Thank you for sharing.

Cathy

23.2.07 - S.A.R - Posted Recorded Delivery

05.04.07 - Statements Have Arrived!

07.04.07 - Covering Letter For Statements Arrived!

Guest Partypip

flippin heck, Ive been waiting since 10th February for the Bailiffs to go and get my money from Halifax, hope they got my cash for me while they were in there:)

Ha ha ha!!!!!! Don't know why, but that story has really made it a happy easter. Good to see the banks suffer the same treatment they dish out to us customers.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Ok guys- the baliffs left empty handed- the funds have previously been passed to the courts- the gentleman involved in instructing the baliffs is to pay 20% of his funds to the Baliffs- as they did as instructed!

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?