• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Halifax not paying within time frame **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Crystal Ball..........Crystal Ball. (Keane I think).

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

A little bit id say, madh21 had a look in the other thread you have

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/78982-do-i-have-leg.html

They usually take around 2 weeks before settling after they have received acceptance form, you could write to them giving them 7 days to settle as agreed or you will pursue to court.

Hi, has anyone had to wait longer than the fourteen working days for their payout? Halifax states 'they are not meeting their deadlines for paying claims, can't tell you when it will be paid, just have to wait'

madh

i would be inclined to call them up and ask them why this is the case and if the answer is not satisfactory tell them you will be taking them to court to claim the money plus additional interest

I imagine if it was the other way around they would charge you extra without a second thought!

good luck

sod

Hi, has anyone had to wait longer than the fourteen working days for their payout? Halifax states 'they are not meeting their deadlines for paying claims, can't tell you when it will be paid, just have to wait'

I am not sure what stage you are in the process. I assume you are at prelim letter or LBA stage. Halifax are under no obligation to provide you your money after only 14 days of preliminary request or LBA.

I will suggest that you keep to your timetable. After 14 days of sending your preliminary letter, follow with letter before action (LBA). After a further 14 days, follow with court action.

Halifax may reply your letter to say that their charges are fair or that they will provide response in 4, 6 or 8 weeks. These are delay tactics. Ignore their tactics.

Keep to your own timetable.

I agree with bennyowen, if you check my thread with Halifax I have had the same empty promises of payment, I faxed them the ultimatum last week and they still didn't respond so I withdrew my acceptance and started MCOL so has now gone to court anyway. Vital lesson here is stick to YOUR timetable regardless of what they promise, I had the offer in writing and accepted in writing but they still failed to deliver and like a mug I waited for them, only when the cash is in you account can you stop the process, until then press on. I don't know (or care) why Halifax are unable to put money in an account after 3 weeks, if it is deliberate stalling tactics or just incompetence or even over work it is unreasonable and their problem not yours, also let's face it they never suffer such delays or problems when they take money from you ..... show no mercy !!

Your threads have been merged. Please keep to one thread in future as it makes it easier for people to follow your progress and offer help.

This site does provide help, but please read the rules which can be read by following this link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Take particular note of this part, especially when they are taking the time and trouble to answer your questions from the limited information available.

be respectful and reasonable to people

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

can't reiterate the time scale issue any more than others do - the Halifax staff are "protecting" funds. They make promises they can't keep, as this has happened to us. But, they did offer over three cases, three different ways of paying back - one was directly into the account, and we didn't have to respond, just accept the refund. We didn't of course, money went in within two days and we made sure we sent the "we'll accept your offer in part settlement" within twenty four hours - it had no effect, despite phoning them, to get the offer increased and we're now at court.

They're willing to pay some of the penalties, not the accrued interest because of the charges, and even (sometimes) say "get it to court and the judge might award the interest"

Moral - Stick to your own timescales as per this site -it is the tried and tested methods time and time again - carry out the courage of your own convictions - get your claim to court.

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)

Phoned Halifax this morning, gave them an ultimatum....pay up by end of day or court action. Guess what?! MOney in my account this afternoon!!

Hoorah!!! And to add to that, my overdraft is still there!!!!! ( I did send them a letter of 'right of appropriation' on Tuesday - faxed to customer relations and direct to my branch).

I have immediately transferred the money online to my Lloyds TSB account.

Shame I had to keep on there backs to get it!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS....!!!!!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .