Help Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I need a little guidance from someone regarding my claim against HBOS.

I recently signed a trustdeed, which is also known as an IVS in England probably about June-July 2006. Although I was hesitant about making a claim against HBOS given I owed them money etc, etc. When I thought about the matter I felt they were partially to blame after all they had levied several charges against me. The facts are that they lent money to me irresponsibly at a young age which was then my down fall.

As a result of all the pressure I was under to pay the money back I went through a bad spell of losing my job and also depression etc. What then happened was that I couldn’t afford to pay them and they didn’t want to accept any offers. I was backed in to a corner and had to sign a trustdeed to protect myself.

I want to know if this would affect my claim against them at this stage it hasn’t come up so I don’t know what they are thinking. I lodged the compliant about 30 days ago and I have heard nothing since. I called customer relations and was told they are taking the maximum 40 days that they are allowed by law.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Robert

I think 40 days will be up sooner. Just be patient for the result of your request.

When you get the statements, you will calculate what they owe you through unlawful charges. It will then be time for the preliminary letter.

Begin to read about the next course of action when the statements arrive, I think it will be soon.

Good luck