no reply from sending data request

lady chatterley

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have waited for 40 days to receive my statements from Capital One, I sent the approriate letter and a cheque for £10 but I have not heard from them, what do I do now, send them another letter or contact the appropriate agency regarding data protection?:o

Hi - I found with Cap One that they respond to s'ment requests on the very last day by 'Special delivery before 1pm next day', so hang on 1 more day. Have they 'cashed' your cheque? If so, you've got them by the proverbial, and a phone call should sort it out. If not, then I'd write one more letter, backed up with a phone call, demanding info requested within, say, 7 days, and if not complied with formal complaint to relevant authorities and legal action, re. DPA non-compliance will follow without further notice. That should do the trick!

Best of luck with your claim, though there again you shouldn't need it - Cap One seem to pay up very shortly after Court Claim issued!

By the way, you may find my thread (Tish vs Cap One) useful when doing prelim letter - theres a bit in there about the 'interventions' print out that Cap One send proving their charges are automated, and therefore max. they could fairly charge would be 20pence.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

If your statements don't come ring this number 0800 9524914, I got mine ok but hubbys were heading for 40 day period so I rang them to remind them of timescale and also sent off letter for non-compliance stating the date I sent off SAR and the date and time they signed for it, also that if they did not comply within the next 7 days I would seek a court order. Got them down within days.