Unsure...pls advise!

starcandy73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm trying to reclaim my bank charges, sent my LBA, & the date to file for a claim was on tuesday (just gone), but as i was so busy i was unable to do it that day, then on wednesday morning i received a letter from the bank offering part payment in a full & final settlement being paid into my account within 10 days if i send back the acceptance form. It then says "if you are dissatisfied with my proposal for resolving your complaint you may be eligible to refer to the financial ombudsman service". ??? -What is this?

My question is 'Do i just file my online money claim to the court straight away?'

or 'return a letter rejecting their offer & give them another 10 days?'

or 'accept their offer, stating that only as partial payment & i will still continue to attempt to get full amount?'

I have read the FAQ's but i'm still a little unsure as the date has passed by a couple of days from when i should have filed my claim....therefore do i give them more time or not....feel a little uneasy about rejecting £830 but full amount is nearly £1500.

thankyou for any opinion offered.

CC.

Hi Star, you can do two things:

1) Ignore the letter and file your court claim as normal...they'll retract this offer until such a time where they have to start re-negotiating with you (close to when you have a hearing date)

2) Send them a partial acceptance letter and say you'll pursue the rest in court, don't give them any extra time though, and then still file your court claim as soon as you can. The same will happen. They'll probably retract the offer and carry on as normal.

Don't be anxious about rejecting the offer....you'll get the whole lot right down to the last penny if you stick to your guns. I was offered £100 for a £2450 claim, then it went right to two days before the hearing, and they called and settled in full :) It will happen, you've just got to sit tight and go through the court process :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi I'm trying to reclaim my bank charges, sent my LBA, & the date to file for a claim was on tuesday (just gone), but as i was so busy i was unable to do it that day, then on wednesday morning i received a letter from the bank offering part payment in a full & final settlement being paid into my account within 10 days if i send back the acceptance form. It then says "if you are dissatisfied with my proposal for resolving your complaint you may be eligible to refer to the financial ombudsman service". ??? -What is this?

My question is 'Do i just file my online money claim to the court straight away?'

or 'accept their offer, stating that only as partial payment & i will still continue to attempt to get full amount?'

I have read the FAQ's but i'm still a little unsure as the date has passed by a couple of days from when i should have filed my claim....therefore do i give them more time or not....feel a little uneasy about rejecting £830 but full amount is nearly £1500.

CC.

#

File your claim, send the rejection letter accepting the payment as a part settlement. Claim for the full amount as they are linkely to recind the part settlement offer.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

CC.

Hi - I would send a letter accepting their offer as partial payment stating that you will file a claim for the rest. I would file a claim now as the 14 days has passed since you sent the LBA.

Hope that helps

Best Wishes

Sandbag.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I'm filling out the online claim right now.....silly question probably but do i put the banks address that i've been sending my letters to (my branch) or barclays head office or customer relations?

apologise for being dim, but i'm sure i read on this forum that its meant to be head office & now i can't find where i read it!