Eastham75 v Nat West for Son

eastham75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This ones really important to me ive just sent my own claim off to the Halifax and last night i began the assault on the Nat West bank.

my Son is in debt up to his eye balls and a couple of years ago tried to sort out his Debt with them he needed a small loan which they refused and then started banging his account every month with unauthorised overdraft charges.

really want this one to succeed as he has a small son and needs every bit of help he can get.

Ordered the Statements last night for £5 all started quite easy they were very helpful.

Well done Eastham you've taken the first step and everyone on here is really helpful and supportive any questions just fire away :)

You can relax in the sunshine now whilst you wait for your sons statements. Fingers crossed you can get him loads of money back because I bet a really large amount of that debt is charges alone! Good luck

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Well done Eastham you've taken the first step and everyone on here is really helpful and supportive any questions just fire away :)

You can relax in the sunshine now whilst you wait for your sons statements. Fingers crossed you can get him loads of money back because I bet a really large amount of that debt is charges alone! Good luck

Your not kidding at one point he had nearly got below the overdraft level and paid in some more but there charges put him back over.

It's always a good idea to send them a letter telling them that the account is in dispute and that your are currently in the process of reclaiming bank charges.This might help his finances by them freezing any extra charges he might get before the claim is settled.

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

If you get 10 minutes have a read through this it's my quest against the natwest and I'm in a very similar situation to your son but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now:D

Click here: Caz V's The natwest Bank - Consumer Action Group

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Guest NATTIE

Advantage Gold account 100% also, we have never charges £39 are you sure they are not the halifax statements. By the way £12 advantage gold, £37 Advantage gold £9 plus unarranged borrowing £28,

A Nat west card plus account.

his total was charges £1200.00+interest of £284.24 this would wipe out his debt to Nat West and some extra to clear his card.

the charges were mostly £9 upto end 2004 then £30 for referrals, charges £37.00 and unpaid items £35.00 card missuse £25.00 charges are now running at £12.00 per month nd then interest of £10.00.

W we will get this letter off tonight to Borehamwood and also send one to his branch asking them to freeze the account.

This would be a real boost for my Son and his girlfriend if they were to win his cash back.

Whats the success rate with the Nat West? and what sort of time scale should i expect? i will stick to the one suggested on here of P.L +14 and LBA+14 are Nat West playing to this when pushed?

Confidence is positively flowing. Brilliant, onwards and upwards.:) Timescale ??

They are snowed under so its very much pot luck.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Pleasure:)

Guest NATTIE

It is definitely 100% advantage gold, in fact i am not just that sure i am 100000000000000% certain, the figure you quote on the £9, £12, £10, £37 and £29 back up what i am saying. Referral charges are fair game but it cannot be a card plus account because that charge is exempt from a card plus as is unarranged borrowing. I am a certifiable expert on charges, i am an employee of the bank 100% advantage gold.

It is definitely 100% advantage gold, in fact i am not just that sure i am 100000000000000% certain, the figure you quote on the £9, £12, £10, £37 and £29 back up what i am saying. Referral charges are fair game but it cannot be a card plus account because that charge is exempt from a card plus as is unarranged borrowing. I am a certifiable expert on charges, i am an employee of the bank 100% advantage gold.

Does this mean in your opinion that he stands a chance of getting this back?

You cant claim back the Adv Gold charges as these are agreed fees for the privilage of the account.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Guest NATTIE

Eastham you misread my post, there are things that he will get back, ie referral fees, unpaids fee and unarranged borrowing. Have a look at the top of the natwest section, there are 2 stickys on charges guide, (the one that needs cleaning up is advantage gold and unarranged borrowing). It is that one that will guide you on the fees that you will get back. The smaller thread is NatWest charges which explains the charges what they are and how much. That one will give you charges that you WILL also claim. As i said ONLY the advantage gold part of the charges can you not claim.

Cheers Nattie

You had me panicing. i will read again later

thanks for the help.

What i donot understand about all this is if the Banks are paying up why with all the extra cost that these investigating teams must be costing them they dond just refund and adjust there charging.

Too simple i suppose.

When you have oceans of money. You will go to the far end of a **** to save a few pounds. Doesn't seem logical to us mortals.

Guest NATTIE

These days everything is about targets and i think, the majority or people, still accept the charge because they believe they have done something wrong. I am sure changes will happen but we need more programmes on charges to be honest which have this kind of a slant, that while you may have made a mistake, or exceeded the overdraft, the bank has been profiteering for ages. Pity terms such as Maximising Fee Income has not come up(oops!).

• 3 weeks later...

Its now almost 3 weeks since sending the preliminary letter and i have not heard anything fron Nat West, so do i call them or just send the LBA to the same address nw customer relations,225 Shenley road Borehamwood.

I Just rang Nat West on behalf of my son appears they are backed up with cliams but after a little chat a very helpful guy looked up my Sons claim and confirmed that they have taken off the advantage gold charges and he reckons that they are not paying the interest claimed so there offer will be £1000,

so do i wait for there letter which he said we will receive by the end of May or go ahead with the LBA and stick it out for the Interest.