Was offered full ammount over phone but declined?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just received 6 years worth of statements:

A few points that are confsduing me:

1/ They appear to have skipped 14 months on the statements? Do I phone and ask for these again or write another letter?

2/ How do I work out the interest they have charged me for going over my overdraft limit? And is it onloy interest due to going over the overdraft limit or any other interest? I have downloaded the excel spreadsheet and I assume I basically have to enter all charges, the dates and the reason form the bank etc? Is it interest debited that I am concerned with?

3/Do you claim for charges that they have refunded?

4/ I noticed a few years ago around about 2002 they charged me ammounts like £2.50 and £12 and £10? Do I claim for all these as well?

Many Thanks for your help in advance. I just want to make sure I don't claim for something that will hinder my claim!

Finally, what do I do next?

1/ They appear to have skipped 14 months on the statements? Do I phone and ask for these again or write another letter?

Wait for the next post, they may have got seperated in transit.

They normally send them out 5 per envelope. If you're missing 5 or 10 pages then that could be why. They also number the pages, making it easier for you to check just what's missing.

If you don't get them within a couple of days then phone and let them know. They will have been printed all in one go, they wouldn't mess about taking a few months out.

On my statements it was easy to find the additional interest, as it was always given with 'as advised' at the side. I have added those onto my claim. There are other interest entries which are part of the normal banking system, but I didn't include those.

If they've refunded a charge then you can't really claim it back?

As long as they have put the smaller amounts in under the usual 'charges as advised' then put them into your claim.

I left point 2 until last - if you're using the spreadsheet then just put everything into that and see what your total is, that's what you need to claim. Ignore the 8% column for now as you cannot claim this until court stage. Send them the letter requesting refund of charges based on the actual total.

Mine went off at the start of last week and I've had an offer today...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Might be worth phoning to ask - try Customer Relations on 08457 253519. I had taken it there were pages missing, but if there's a jump like that then there must be a reason for it

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 5 weeks later...

My initial letter to the Halifax requesting 6 years of statements wa son 23rd November 2006. To date they have sebnt me

They have so far sent me four packages and numerous subsequent extracts with the same 6 years worth of duplicate statements (that’s nearly 600 pages which you have been able to provide me with for no cost or penalty to myself) but despite repeated further requests via letter and telephone they have failed to provide me with the statements that are missing.

I find this absolutely infuriating that an organization of such size and stature cannot efficiently complete this request?

The Halifax is quick to charge fees which they apply to your account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth which are deemed unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent consumer regulations.

I have now been waiting over 6 weeks for this information which is still incomplete and I have given them adequate time under the data protection act to forward this information to me, yet they give us customers no leeway or grace period to bring their account into order before making penalty charges.

There appears to be a very serious problem with my situation wherby statements dates appear to be missing:

On every statemtn they have sent me after the entry for 31 Jan 2003, the next entry is 29 October 2003. That is 9 months of information pertaining to my account that is missing.

Likewise immediately following the entry 31 Jan 2005 the next entry is 1 Feb 2006. Again all entries between these dates are missing. That is a further 1 year of information pertaining to my account that is missing.

After repeated phomne calls, letters and visits to my branch noone in the Halifax can find these missing dates therefore I cannot finalise my claim spreadsheet as I do not know how many charges there are for these periods? Nor do the Halifax!

I would have expected as a measure of good quality control, that whoever was dealing with my request would have been able to see immediately that the entries on my account between these dates are clearly MISSING and respond accordingly.

I am frankly shocked that I have had to request this information now repeatedly by letter, phone call and visits to my branch yet no one has to date been able to understand this simple request for this missing information.

Clearly whoever has dealt with these requests has forwarded them to the business management centre (where the statements are printed by computer) and someone has entered the dates and requested that these statements are ordered whilst never actually checking that the information between the dates is present on the statements, before sending them out to me.

Tp date I am no further on and have filed numerous complaints with the Halifax. When it is resolved this will surely give me further bartering power to reclaim my charges as they have clearly made some serouos mistakles with my account history it would seem.

40 days have passed now on the 2nd January. How do I file a complaint with the information commisioner/financial ombudsman?

Sorry for the long post but the history is necessary so people understand...

• 1 month later...

Would like to know what to do now basically. Sent in my letter before action with a schedule fo the charges.

That was 2 weeks ago and have had no response from the bank.

I had an intial response which was the standard customer service letter saying they would endeavour to deal with my queries in 4 weeks.

What should I do now? Do I start a claim? Do I contact the bank with another letter (can't find one in the templates?)

I am in Northern ireland and my claim is over £1000. Not sure if the system is the same here as in Scotland or England?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Hiya Lutecia,

If you have sent prelim and lba then the next step is filing at court.

I thought this might be useful for you as you are in ireland..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/helpful-external-links/499-northern-ireland-small-claims.html

It is normal for no contact, they are so busy now with all the claims they have pouring in.....:D

If i have been any help, please click on my scales.......Thanx. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Do I calculate the 8% interest over the 6 years of charges up to the date of the claim or is it only from when I sent the initial letter to the Halifax asking for the money back? If its 6 years than thats nearly 2250 days multiplied by the daily interest rate for my claim....!

Confused?

Thanks in advance!

I was gonna post this same question.Little confused about it.For example :

unpaid direct debit = £28 charge

days since offence = 2189

8% interest = £26.97

Is that correct?.That is what i get in the spread sheet.Am i claiming the interest on each charge??

Also i am due to send of the LBA tomorrow and it states in the template that the 8% has added to the charges.Can i state that i am claiming the interest from this point or would that be at the next stage if i start court proceedings.ie: when issuing the 28 day notice.

thanks in advance

Andy

Use the spreadsheets! Its since the 'Date of Offence'. See here: http://www.cag-files.co.uk/barracad/Spreadsheets/England/Simple-charges-calc.xls

I did use the spreadsheets to claculate all my charges but you don't add the court interest of 8% until you file your claim. Thats my query. Whjat is the 8% Court Interest on Penalties and how far back does it apply?

Do I calculate the 8% interest over the 6 years of charges up to the date of the claim or is it only from when I sent the initial letter to the Halifax asking for the money back? If its 6 years than thats nearly 2250 days multiplied by the daily interest rate for my claim....!

Confused?

Thanks in advance!

Yes the interest is from the day of your first charge.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

But that comes to (over 6 years of charges) multiplying the daily rate for my claim of £0.24 by 2256 (01/01/01 - today's date) days to nearly £541...???!!!

Do you take the al the charges for example £1000 and work out the daily rate and then multiply that by the total number of days since the first charge or do you have to work out each charge seperately form the date when it became owing?

From the spreadsheet, you put the total charges in the Prelim letter. Once you claim at court, you add on the 8% which is calculated in the next column. There is no interest to claim at any other stage (unless you're talking about "interest debited - notified last month". There are calculations to work out which proportion of this you can claim back, but its complicated)

I'm assuming you're using the "England - Simple (Excel)" one? Check that these formulae are in place:

Days since offence: =DATEDIF(D9,NOW(),"D")

Interest 8% APR: =(C9*0.00022)*E9

When you pu the amount and the date in it should automatically populate in the interest cells.

Please tell me how you went about it :confused:

We can't use MCONline over here and because Halifax is registered in England, only English, Scottish and Welsh customers can file a claim directly form the mainland...:-(

I filed a claim with NI Courts Service who wrote back to me saying they would have to act on my behalf which would take longer to get a decree.

Is there any other way to do it if you don't have an address on the mainland?

Also do you have to provide the court service with a copy of the schedule of charges etc?

Thanks in advance...:cool:

Hi

I had the same problem - I did it from Belfast anyway. It will take longer but if (again IF not when :)) will be hearing I don't have to go to England. They have to come here :-D.

When Court will send Claim Package they will have 6 weeks to reply (not just 2 weeks :() but - hey - it will be more interest for you to grab!:-D:-D

Halifax have until 28.3. to respond. See my thread bellow: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/71700-kecimot-against-halifax-learn.html>

If I helped you click on my scales (on the bottom on right hand site). Thanks

July 2006 - DPA sent - never got reply

September 2006 - First letter sent, got offer for half of charges, Thanks but no thanks reply with LBA sent in October 2006

January 2007 - filed Small Claim on-line

after some mix-ups on 14 February 2007 Small Claim pack served to Halifax

they have 6 weeks (Claim from NI take longer) until 28 March 2007 to respond

See my thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/71700-kecimot-against-halifax-learn.html

Direct contact for Halifax

Matthew Ingham

Team Leader - Regulated Sales

Customer Relations - Halifax

HBOS Plc

CB/2/CR/26527

Direct Dial: 01422 326 527

[email protected]

Thanks mate!

I have sent back my signed form requesting that NI Courts Service act on my behalf. When they receive that they will process the documents for service and like you say Halifax wil have 6 weeks to respond! I didn't realise that they had to come here. Its the judges discretion though whether or not he awards the claim in our favor. I imagine not many courts here have heard cases liek this yet? Wil they still decide in our favour?