No AQ - Straight to PRE TRIAL REVIEW

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4939 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Very interesting thread especially all of the mentions of "Pre Rial Reviews"

Could someone clarify whether a "Pre Trial Review" and a "Preliminary Hearing" are the same thing?

My letter from the Court says ' Before the claim is listed for hearing, the judge has ordered that a preliminary hearing should take place because:-

to enable disposal because there is no real prospect of success by the defendant.'

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting thread especially all of the mentions of "Pre Rial Reviews"

Could someone clarify whether a "Pre Trial Review" and a "Preliminary Hearing" are the same thing?

My letter from the Court says ' Before the claim is listed for hearing, the judge has ordered that a preliminary hearing should take place because:-

to enable disposal because there is no real prospect of success by the defendant.'

Interesting.... are you sure it says no real prospect of success by the defendant? If so then its not a Hull order.

Need some more info please - which court for a start, and also please post up the order up in full.

If it actually says claimant and you filed through Hull then PM me straight away.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

No worries Pete - thanks for drawing it to my attention. Its actually potentially very significant.:)

I've found gw6969's thread here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/65324-gw6969-vers-lloyds-bank-2.html#post900985

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Interesting.... are you sure it says no real prospect of success by the defendant? If so then its not a Hull order.

Need some more info please - which court for a start, and also please post up the order up in full.

If it actually says claimant and you filed through Hull then PM me straight away.

:confused: It's Portsmouth.

Definitly states "defendent" .

full details:

Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (preliminary hearing)

To the Claimant's Solicitor

(myself)

District Judge Wilson has considered the statements of case and allocation questionnaires filed...

(NB - there weren't any as dispensed with. Is this an opportunity for the Bank to appeal????)

....and allocated the claim to the small claims track.

Before the claim is listed for hearing, the judge has ordered that a preliminary hearing should take place because:-

to enable disposal because there is no real prospect of success by the defendant.

The preliminary hearing will take place at 10:30 on the 18th July 2007 at Portsmouth County Court, Courts of Justice, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2EB allowing 10 minutes.

Does that clarify?

Could you please point me towards the Reading info?

Geoff (GW6969)

I've posted on your thread. This is good news. It looks like your going to be granted summary judgement - which is judgement without a proper hearing or trial or the issues being heard.

The judge considers Lloyds defence to have "no reasonable prospect of success", which is remarkable after the Berwick judgement but brilliant none the less! Another court fed up of the banks tactics by the looks of it!

Hi sorry I can't comment on the pre trial thing but I am 99.9% certain you will get your money in the end. Just follow the advice from this site. You will get more specific help if you start your own thread in the Nationwide forum. Just click here The Nationwide

Good luck:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Hi all

I am afraid i will no longer be attending the pub party in Cambridge on 13th July.

Barclays have just made me a full settlement offer!!!!!!!!

so you guys might want to nudge a bit yourselves

Well done yankee!

You might want to start your own thread in the barclays forum to let them know! (only kidding, this is for pete really:D )

Seriously, congratulations Yankee,,,,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Guest welshtart

Hi guys,

I too have received my Notice of Transfer of Proceedings and it states that the AQ be dispensed with unless the district judge orders otherwise. There is no actual date for a court hearing though. Do I have to wait for a court date? Will the court contact me again with a date? Is it ok to send a nudge letter tomorrow? i.e. before I know the court date?

Could somebody please advise as I am getting very confused and very nervous about the next steps to take.

Thanks

:|

You'll get something from you're local court soon. Send DG nudge letter it won't hurt and then send one every 10days. At first I got a letter from court issuing a stay for 1 month (no AQ), I then wrote to them sending copies of all my nudge letters to DG demonstrating their lack of responce. Got another letter from court the Judge saying he would strike there defence out. Got a full offer today deadline was next Tues. SO HANG ON IN THERE!!!!!!!

Guest welshtart

Thanks tomcody,

I am going to get a nudge letter done now for the morning. Should I also post one to my local court (court of transfer) and ask them to attach it to my case file? And do this with every nudge letter after?

No the nudge letters are for dg only. Make sure you keep a copy for your self incase you need to do a court bundle. It just shows the jdge that you have tried to resolve the matter before the court hearing!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

You may need to send the court bundle but it won't get to court. It's easy! Just ask Tomcody! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

Guest welshtart

Ok, I hope so. When do I need to send the letter + Draft Order For Directions to the court? Is it after I've had a date for the case or can I send it now?

I would wait for a date until you send the draft directions but send them a nudge now and then every 10 days!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation