• Tweets

• It is important that you do the reading about this subject in the sub- forum. It's not complicated but you need to be in control and I don't think you are. For instance, much of the information you need and also the case transcripts that you're looking for are in the fixed topics at the top of this sub- forum but clearly you didn't know that. You will gain in confidence if you do the reading. Particularly as it now looks as if the mediation has not worked because EVRi have stayed you up and so you may now be going to trial. You need to understand thoroughly what you are doing. We will help you and you will find our support is unstinting but you have to do your part. Please spend a lot of time reading the stories on the sub- forum especially the pinned posts at the top of the sub- forum and then start preparing your court bundle. We have instructions here for everything
    • I have had a secondary thought.  I borrowed £s from a completely separate entity 6y ago. It was personal and unsecured. I was going to repay upon sale of the property. But then repo and I couldn't.  Eventually they applied and got a charging order on the property.  Their lawyers wrote that if I didn't repay they may apply for an order for sale.  I'm not in control of the sale.  The lender won't agree to an order for sale.  The judge won't expedite it/ extract from trial.  Someone here on cag may or may not suggest I can apply for an order v the receiver?  But could I alternatively ask this separate entity with a c.o to carry out their threat and actually make an application to court for an order for sale v the receiver instead?
    • You left the PCN number showing, but no worries, I've redacted it. Euro Car parks are very well known to us.  I've just skimmed through the titles of the latest 100 cases we have with them (I gave up after 100) and, despite all their bluster and threats, in not one have they taken the Cagger to court. You stayed there for 2 hours &:45 minutes.  I'm guessing the limit is 2 hours and 30 minutes, right?  
    • If the claimant fails to draft directions the court can order a Case Management Hearing to set them but normally in Fast Track claims the claimant sets the directions...Unlike small claims track which are always set the court.
    • Not Evris offer, the court offers mediation service.   All claims proceed to hearing if mediation fails /not happen.   Why do you not wish to attend in person to stand your claim ?     Absolutely you must comply with the courts directions or your claim risks being struck out. Preparation for a hearing should happen irrespective of mediation.   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/460613-suing-a-parcel-delivery-company-when-you-dont-have-a-direct-contract-with-them-–-third-party-rights-copy-of-judgment-available/#comment-5255007   Andy  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

No AQ - Straight to PRE TRIAL REVIEW

oyster11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest welshtart

Hi guys,

I've just come home from work and seen all your messages of help and advice. Thank you all very much.

I have everything ready to post for tomorrow. Just going to cross my fingers I think, but I may have to ask for more help for the next stage.

Once again - thank you.

Guest welshtart

Hi peeps,

When I got my General Form of Judgment or Order letter it said:

"1. The Claimant must file an Allocation Questionnaire and pay the allocation fee by 16th July 2007.

2. The Claimant must send to the court and to the Defendant by 23rd July 2007, a schedule showing the dates and amounts of each charge which is claimed."

I did all of this last week - within plenty of time. Can you tell me what my next move is please? Am I right in thinking that Cobbetts have to file an AQ by the 16th July date also or is it just me - the Claimant?

Do I just wait to hear from the court now to see if the Draft Order for Directions has been accepted and then get on with the court bundle, or is there something else I should be doing?

I'm going on holiday next Sunday, so any advice before then would be most grateful.

Thanks.

you could ring the court to see if they have sent theirs - and see what the court says will happen next.

i think i'd send a nudge letter to the solicitors with a copy of the aq - and a schedule of charges and a copy of the draft directions telling them that you are asking for the judge to consider it as a way forward. - and depending on what you find out from the court - tweak the nudge letter (and change the solicitor) found in the after you've filed.... link in my signature - post 1 - there are 3 nudge letters - one is i've filed my aq - you haven't (or have - just tweak away)

wouldn't you like to resolve this before the courts are more involved......

Guest welshtart

Hi lateralus,

I spoke to the court this morning and was told that "because of these new bank charges they are only sending the AQs out to the Claimant." Therefore, they do not have to file an AQ at all - never mind meet a deadline. I was also told that it will all go to a district judge now and he will make a decision on the directions.

So, now I'm stumped again. Do I still need to send the nudge letters? And, is there any point in sending them as Cobbetts just ignores me anyway and has never answered one letter that I've ever sent. I'm getting a bit dispondent now.

:(

you keep saying cobbetts - so you aren't with hsbc? doesn't matter - just curious...do you have more than one going - i was sure you were on here.

so, ok in your court the defendant doesn't do the aq - but let's make it clear to anyone reading that that may not apply to all local county courts - i'd ask them if defendant's are required to complete the aq as well.

on to your next step - you do the aq, pay include the draft order and a schedule - as it is showing the judge how you would like to proceed and then send the solicitor a letter - include a copy of the draft direction telling them you are asking for this to bring about a resolution to your claim - then just follow one of the nudging letters in post one of the 2 aq threads in my signature and say - you know the courts would appreciate the two of your settling - and you would accept ..... just tweak one of the letters to give them a good reason to contact you - and send a schedule of charges with it

• 3 weeks later...
Lateralus – have you head of these Pre Trial Reviews by the court before.

I have got a funny feeling solicitors will attend these to see if the can use then as a testing ground for some new legal angles that may prohibit all claims it may take them a while.... but if it dont hurt them to attend who knows..

I dunno, getting a little worried about this am I one of the first to have a Pre trail DG have nothing to loose by attending do they?

DG in effect don need to do anything up till then or maybe beyond this date.

I have a funny feeling this whole re-claiming unfair charges is about to be put on its head

And where the banks will be protected somehow by the OFT . I hope I am wrong.

BTW – Thank you Lateralus you have been a big help so far.

Oyster

how prophetic!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)

yep, and oyster and others (including you two) did well to get your money while it was still a fairly smooth (if lengthy) process.

it does seem really unfair that they can just put up a wall and say - that's it - no more til this case is finished - which, let's face it, could take years.

i'd really have thought they would have seen through the ones passed the defence stage. i think, with the figures out this week, it has cost the banks much, much more than they first thought maybe a year ago and they finally took their heads out of the sand and got the big guns in to put a stop to it. what gets me more than anything - is it is still going on - they say they are now using a sliding scale on the charges but the end result is they are still charging way over what it costs them to notify you that you don't have enough to cover what is due to come out - then they pay themselves first every time - leading to further charges. it's certainly not fair, ethical or right. sermon over - now you don't need to go to church!

Guest welshtart

I'm not holding out much hope anymore after last weeks announcement. After sending all the relevant documents to the courts and sols, I'm just waiting now for a court date and whether the Draft Order for Directions has been accepted.

Guess it could be a very long wait and sounds like they will really start dragging their heels and milk this new idea for all its worth.

I suppose the worse that can happen is that I lose £200 for court costs etc. Hmmm, maybe I should've accepted that first offer now. Oh well, I'll still keep my fingers crossed but I won't hold my breath. Anybody else at the same stage as me, if you've got any advice please let me know. It'd be much appreciated.

all you can do is read up and be ready to act

starting with this:Oft test case: what this means for you

so, just keep things moving along and if a stay is applied for - read up and be ready:~~## Stays info and guidance ##~~

yes, it's a real bummer - but hopefully things will progress and you'll get your money - it may just take awhile.

untill your court confirm you have a stay all this is hear say, and yes they are milking it.... and from your comments and everyone elses its working :o

This is just another twist in the saga, we will find the loopholes and we will continue :)

pete

HI I AM DUE IN COURT ON MON 13TH AUG ,I HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING FROM HSBC ABOUT THE HEARING ,I SENT MY BUNDLE TO HSBC & THE COURTS END OF JULY .I PHONED THE COURT UP & THEY SAID THAT THEY 2 HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM THE BANK ,SO I HAVE WROTE A LETTER TO THE COURT ASKING FOR JUDGEMENT TO BE MADE AGAINST HSBC FOR NOT COMPLYING TO COURT INSTRUCTIONS.IE (EACH PARTY SHALL DELIVER TO EVERY OTHER PARTY AND TO THE COURT OFFICE COPIES OF ALL DOCUMENTS [iNCLUDING ANY EXPERT REPORTS ]ON WHICH HE INTENDS TO RELY AT THE HEARING NO LATER THAN 14 DAYS BEFORE THE HEARING .HOPEING IT GOES WELL ON THE DAY ,PS I ASKED THE COURT HAD THIS CASE BEEN STAYED & THEY SAID AS OF YET NO ,BUT COME TO COURT AS EACH CASE IS DIFFERENT .I AM HOPING THAT I WILL GET JUDGEMENT THROUGH DEFAULT WHAT DO YA THINK !:confused:

RELIED ON IN COURT

i think - you go! keep at it - no reason why they should be able to thumb their noses at the courts and you and then ask for a stay - it defies all the rules of the court.

and i want to know how you got that in all upper case - as when i do it - i comes out only a capital at the beginning of each word - i'm impressed!

Just Testing Upper Case Thing To See If I Have The Same Result As Lattie

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D